The New Cases Gallery

well my CM690 II arrived today so here goes.

first shot of the side panel with a 120mm enermax twister fan installed.
4790161100_e08d2ef6d8.jpg

second inside cable management aint great mainly due to my rubbish psu thats being swapped for a corsair one in the near future.
4790157200_1e924c9cce.jpg

i've also fitted in an akasa 140mm low noise fan i had laying around, plus and old fan controller on the front.

There should be a gap in between the graphics card and the motherboard that you can route it up, just remove the card, lay it in place and slot the card back in. :)

There should be a gap in between the graphics card and the motherboard that you can route it up, just remove the card, lay it in place and slot the card back in. :)

Or he can do what I did and for like £5 buy a 8 pin extention and route it round the back. I will post pics of mine up shortly.

Last edited:
not gonna bother with either to be honest, gonna buy a corsair HX 850 in the near future so hopefully that will have a long enough 8pin connector to reach without the need for an extender.

@ringo747
can u rout the 20+4 pin and the 4+4 CPU cables around the back of the case? seems like there are holes cut for it? or are they to short?

I used an extension cable on the thinner cable but they are too tight to twist round through the holes. It was the best I could do for a first build!

yeah thats wat i found hard about my case aswell, getting the 4+4pin CPU cable through the top holes is such a pain, they put these holes not thinking about that the rail the side slides onto is in the way of the hole.
looks great for a first build but!

yeah thats wat i found hard about my case aswell, getting the 4+4pin CPU cable through the top holes is such a pain, they put these holes not thinking about that the rail the side slides onto is in the way of the hole.
looks great for a first build but!

Thanks. The problem with the 4+4pin was that the top fan gets in the way of the holes above the mobo so you can't get the cable threaded through. The backside of the case is a mess. Not sure what to do with it!

Just finished a new build after emigrating, appologies for the poor shots, but its pretty dark and rainy here atm so i'l take some better ones come sunshine

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom