The New Cases Gallery

Associate
you guys all put me to shame with cable management

20022010036.jpg

Dont tell me... no ... is that an iCute case? I am still using that case until I decide which new one to get.

Associate
ToxicTBag

Are the H50 hoses not kinking abit on the CPU block ?
Would you not be safter turning the block and radiator 90 degrees clockwise ? and means that the cables wont kink and give abit more of slack on the nearest one.

Only saying :p

Soldato
My Hiper Type R 580W PSU finally gave out after 4 years of abuse (no explosion) :p

So i got myself a CoolerMaster Silent Pro 700W PSU and a new CM Scout case. First go at cable management, dead chuffed with the result :)

OLD...
dscf1445d.jpg

NEW...
dscf1456v.jpg

Got of these fans on order to complete the look. Also Thinking of getting a GTX460 to last me till Sandbridge build :cool:
120mmredblackledfan.jpg

Associate
I have the same case and PSU, did you buy them as a bundle? Got both of mine for about £130.
Changing the LEDs in the included fans to green though.

My cable management isn't so good, neat job on yours though :)

Soldato
I have the same case and PSU, did you buy them as a bundle? Got both of mine for about £130.
Changing the LEDs in the included fans to green though.

My cable management isn't so good, neat job on yours though :)

Yep in a deal and the same price. Had to make a paypal account to purchase the fans as CoolerMaster dont accept credit cards :mad: If i didnt have Red LED RAM modules id probably go with a green theme too :p

I heard that the Scout wasnt that great for cable management, as you can see thats a load of 'gentlemen nuggets'. I used no extra cables just route it all behind the motherboard and cable tie down. Was slightly tricky getting the side panel back on :D

Associate
My system,

Amd Phenom II 955
cool it eco cpu cooler
4gb kingston Hyper X
2x 500gb Hard disks
Radeon 5850
Sound Blaster x-fi
Cooler Master silent pro PSU
Factual Design R2 Case

mypc.jpg

Soldato
slowly getting there with the cable routing but it still needs some work, waiting on some cable extenders and sata leads has anyone got any ideas on how to stealth the cables for audio and USB in the front panel
Case is NZXT Gamma
oh and can anyone tell me which way the arctic cooler blows from this picture, i looked on the fans shroud but found nothing, the other case fan is exhausting so, i hope i got the cpu cooler the right way round lol
DSC00523copy.png

Soldato
You need to get those front panel wires tucked away behind the hard drive bay or behind the 3 1/2" bay as best you can. Failing that you could stuff some of the wiring into that cable management hole you have there and loop around the back a bit before returning to the inside with just enough lead to make your connection.

The frontpanel audio cable is an eyesore though, I'd be tempted to lose it or at least route it up the rear of the case, along the top and down behind the motherboard.

Get yourself a round IDE cable or get a Sata optical drive, those things are next to impossible to hide. I tried a few years back with elaborate folding of the lead around and behind the motherboard itself to get it out of the way.

You might be able to lose those spare PSU leads behind the motherboard too, it depends how much room you have behind there. Another solution is to drop the optical down one slot and stuff the ends of the spare cables in the cavity. As it's at the top it won't be so noticeable.

I suppose it also doesn't help when you use a mATX board as the management holes are designed for ATX.

The arctic is mounted correctly by the way. The fan should be blowing towards your rear fan.

Back
Top Bottom