The New Desks & Room Gallery

setup.jpg

Here is my new setup just after moving into my new house :)

Antec SX1030B Case Spec:

AMD Athlon MP 2400
ThermalTake Volcano7 HSF's
MSI K7D Master
2x 512mb PC2100 ECC
GeForce2 GTS 64mb
Seagate U320 15k SCSI
Adaptec 39160 U160 SCSI Controller (64bit/66MHz PCI Slot)
2x 200gb Maxtor DiamondMax10 8mb ATA133
1x HighPoint HPT404 ATA133 IDE Controller Card
1x LG CD-RW
1x LG DVD-Rom
1x Plextor UltraPlex 40x SCSI CD-Rom
1x Enermax 430w PSU

Coolermaster Stacker Spec:
P4 3GHz Prescott @ 3.5GHz
Abit IC7-G
2x 512mb Corsair PC4400
Radeon 9800 Pro with arctic cooler
36gig Raptor
120gig Seagate
60 Seagate
NEC 2500A DVD-RW
SONY CRX320E DVD/CD-RW
LG 1710B 17" TFT
Creative Megaworks 5.1 550 THX
Logitech Ultra X keyboard
Razer Viper mouse

just need a decent mouse mat now :p

i think he's taking the urine mate. each to his own tho i say. it was a bit of a harsh comment imo. as long as your happy with it :) and nice spec pc aswell

where did you get the desk from?

dark_hag666 said:
FAO xb8browney

i should edit you last post in accordance with the FAQ, there are not competitors posted on this forum. and that company sells laptops

I also thought we were only aloud to post pictures of our desks and machines. No comments :D

They shound be somewhere between directly beside your ear and slightly behind. Dolby specify 90-110 degrees - they certainly shouldnt be on the desk in front of you! Even the left side one looks like it will be in front of your ear in normal use

dolby specify it for cinema/hi-fi speakers used in 5.1 + system. those are pc speakers, a lot of peeps place em like that and enjoy gaming and weatching dvds on thier pcs like that. no offense but quit sniping at peeps speaker positions you already made it clear you dont like em placed like that before.

Ahh the CM-201 :rolleyes:
cimg00737yg.jpg

Above view
cimg00751rl.jpg

W/o flash
cimg00771zy.jpg

(I know this is the NEW desks and rooms gallery, and I also know that my desk itself sux, but im only new to the forums and havent had a chance to get hold of a digital camera till now ^^)

Comments welcome

Havent checked this thread for ages, and it seems people were taking the urine out of my desk setup :D

To reply to some of them

Tried&Tested said:
Gotta ask..why have surround sound yet have all the speakers in front of you?
BoomAM said:
Never understood the point in that myself.
If they`re short on room, why not just get some decent 2.1`s, rarther than 5.1 for the sake of it.

Present :rolleyes:

Jive-Zombie said:
Ooo i see you been to argos tested for that dvd rack.. OH! and wwf (WWE) folders!

And ???

BoomAM said:
Having a 5.1 setup with the rears on the front edges of the desk could give you an "ok" setup. But there are a lot of people who have RL/RR right next to the front speakers. Which in a 5.1 app, wouldnt give you any sence of surround sound whatsoever.

I route audio to my Denon 3801 and play it through my Kef's and my Paradigm sub so I think have a sense of surround ;)

I only use these speakers for flash stuff

Mr Latte said:
And if they feel its not good enough couldnt they move them, as one member already suggested? Some people are more than happy with "ok" audio i dont think everyone cares for hifi quality.

Are your own stereo speakers situated perfectly with you in between when seated at yer PC area, dead centre for optimal stereo LR effects, iirc didnt seem to be the case last time you showed us.

Give the guy a break eh
PS we know youve got headphones probably for PC.

TY for the defence Latte :p

[EDIT] Seems to be my longest post lol

Back
Top Bottom