The New European Super (borefest) League

Associate
take that further, if it takes off, you would think the MLS owners would want a slice, then Chinese or Saudi teams. (I wouldn’t think South American teams will do it...their fans shoot players when they score own goals!)

You might end up a world super league, just jet around, 1 game a week.

Even though it's called the European super league i bet that's what the 5 empty spots are for.

Don
Anyone have any idea who the 3 other clubs are likely to be?
If and it's a massive if, this League were to go ahead, I suspect one way or another Bayern and PSG would end up being 2 of the other 3 permanent sides. No idea who the 3rd would be or how the other 5 qualifiers would be decided upon.

Soldato
PSG BD and BM, I reckon they were meant to be in it but the clubs have to much fan control to allow it. Or they could just be playing it smart by watching how it is received then join at a later date.. tin foil time for me

The German clubs will need to have an EGM hence why they havent been included yet. PSG have two weeks to respond and the others a month.

Associate
PSG BD and BM, I reckon they were meant to be in it but the clubs have to much fan control to allow it. Or they could just be playing it smart by watching how it is received then join at a later date.. tin foil time for me

Thx I thought they had said no, too much to keep up with. I thought it strange how they just didn’t announce full 15 straight away.

Associate
he might be doing the opposite, convincing them that it's great and that everyone is going to get filthy stinking rich, especially the players............................

The top end players will be loving this idea behind closed doors. Players and their agents are no better than the owners with their insatiable greed pushing up ticket and the subscription prices.

Caporegime
A variation of this will happen one day regardless of this League. The idea of a 39th PL game to be played overseas was floated 10+ years ago. The idea of playing games abroad is a much more complicated subject that some may think though. The growth of football in this country has largely been down to the globalisation of the sport & League. You only have to read this forum to see supporters constantly complaining about transfer spend (or the lack of it) but the money that funds this is largely coming from supporters overseas now. If we're going to take the spoils of this at some point you have to give something back to these supporters too.
Domestic tv rights are still worth more than international rights AFAIK?

Don
Domestic tv rights are still worth more than international rights AFAIK?
Very slightly, with overseas rights growing year on year at a rate far greater than domestic rights (which fell slightly last time) but that's just PL tv revenue, when you factor in European TV revenue and in particular commercial revenue, the biggest clubs are bringing in more money from overseas supporters than locals.

Back
Top Bottom