The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Caporegime
Why would you buy a 70D over a 70D?

i take it you mean a 7D over a 70D?

price is the main difference, about 150£
is the 70 worth 150£ more than the 7?

ill mostly be doing macro to start, followed by wildlife (ie wild birds), zoos/parks nature reserves, some sport and probably a bit of night stuff too

Soldato
650d was my first DSLR so this isn't a massive upgrade on paper but the AF is a lot better obviously. Touchscreen is nice and familiar and the different buttons are all pretty logical etc

The extra FPS/Buffer is nice too obviously :) I had a good wander around earlier and took quite a few shots so it'll be fun to see what they turn out like.

I've downloaded the beta version of Lightroom so I get support for RAW files and I'm having a flick through now.

Caporegime
i take it you mean a 7D over a 70D?

price is the main difference, about 150£
is the 70 worth 150£ more than the 7?

ill mostly be doing macro to start, followed by wildlife (ie wild birds), zoos/parks nature reserves, some sport and probably a bit of night stuff too

Yeah, sorry. Might be worth picking up a second hand 7D, the only thing I'd be weary of is that some people have gone through about 2-3 7Ds before they got one with acceptable noise levels.

Soldato
Sinar 4x5 Large Format

Just got my rear viewer for it which looking through is amazing.

Lens wise I have.

Schneider Kreuznach Super Angulon 65mm
Schneider Kreuznach Super Angulon 90mm
Schneider Kreuznach Super Angulon 180mm

Polaroid Back with some Polaroid 55 out of date film from 1978 (still works fine) :D

Getting it all ready for my week in Snowdonia in October where i'll be using it shoot some landscape and a few model/fashion shoots.

qu5w.jpg
f2j4.jpg

hh2i.jpg

Associate
Sinar 4x5 Large Format

Just got my rear viewer for it which looking through is amazing.

Lens wise I have.

Schneider Kreuznach Super Angulon 65mm
Schneider Kreuznach Super Angulon 90mm
Schneider Kreuznach Super Angulon 180mm

Polaroid Back with some Polaroid 55 out of date film from 1978 (still works fine) :D

Getting it all ready for my week in Snowdonia in October where i'll be using it shoot some landscape and a few model/fashion shoots.

qu5w.jpg
f2j4.jpg

hh2i.jpg

beats a 5d3 any day of the week ;P

Associate
I bought a copy of Capture One Pro 7... Much prefer the colour adjustments and session workflow over Lightroom. Curiosity got the better of me and I also downloaded some of Phase One's sample RAWs, to the left is my edit and the right is a 100% zoom of the original (which is about 10000px on the long edge) - of course, I resized the screenshot so it's actually a lot more impressive at 1:1. Anyone got a spare 30k they can throw my way? :p

lt9g2yA.jpg

Back
Top Bottom