The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Caporegime
I love my retrospective 20, I can't ever see me buying other bags than think tanks. As a shoulder bag it will easily fit what you want, it's deep enough to take a 70-200 attached. I tend to use it with a 17-55 on the body with a couple of primes in the bag, a 600rt speedlight and wireless trigger and have room for loads more stuff. It also has room in the back pouch for an ipad which is great for me :D

I might go and look at one of those 7's myself for when I don't want as deep a bag.

Caporegime
The lining inside is more than enough padding for me. I have never noticed it to be an issue, the dividers and compartments keep the equipment separate and none of my gear bangs about and is immaculate. It keeps the bag much smaller.

Associate
If I was carrying lots of gear/big zooms a shoulder bag wouldn't be my first choice. For camera+couple of primes the 7 is great. Padding wise its fine, better than the little Lowepro bag I had been using.

Soldato
The lining inside is more than enough padding for me. I have never noticed it to be an issue, the dividers and compartments keep the equipment separate and none of my gear bangs about and is immaculate. It keeps the bag much smaller.

is that the retro 20 you talking about because besides the dividers, the bag doesnt have much padding especially at the bottom where you normally rest your lenses is on.

I also would not use a shoulder bacg if carring more then one lens.

If it is for one camera and lens thats fine but adding more stuff to it and it will kill your shoulders.

Thats where my fstop guru comes into play. small and great for urban shooting and looks like a school bag.

Can wear that all day and wont affect me :)

Soldato
This bag is exactly what I've been looking for, then I saw the price :eek:

It's well worth it, my 7 was only £120 from Morris.

I've got a Crumpler and it's fine, does the job and doesn't scream OMG EXPENSIVE CAMERA GEAR.

Crumpler are nice enough, call it the Mondeo of camera bags. But the TT Retrospective is the P1. Stunning bag which I won't ever get rid of!

I generally have:
5D3 with attached 70-300mm L.
Sigma 35mm 1.4.
24-105mm.
Grad filter pack with 77mm adapter, lens pen, mem card holder
Spare battery, blower, little cloths etc.

And I'm planning on getting an 11inch Macbook Air, just because the rear pocket is designed for one :D:(:D

Caporegime
is that the retro 20 you talking about because besides the dividers, the bag doesnt have much padding especially at the bottom where you normally rest your lenses is on.

I also would not use a shoulder bacg if carring more then one lens.

If it is for one camera and lens thats fine but adding more stuff to it and it will kill your shoulders.

Thats where my fstop guru comes into play. small and great for urban shooting and looks like a school bag.

Can wear that all day and wont affect me :)

Fair enough everyone wants different things from a bag, I carried mine round lego land all day with no issues at all, it doesn't kill my shoulders at all. In fact I forget I'm even carrying it. I like that it looks more like a casual bag rather than a 'school bag'. I hate the look of camera rucksacks, the typical camera nerd look. :D

Associate
For anyone looking at the Mondeo Crumpler :) I kept both bags in the end. The Jackpack 4000 fits a 650D with a 17-55 f2.8 with hood attached on one side + a 10-22 with hood in the other side, batteries, SD cards, phone and wallet in the bag zip and still some space in the cover zip pocket. It's a perfect small 2 lens bag. You can even slip in a nifty fifty in a neoprene bag under the 10-22 for 3 lenses in total.

The Light Delight 6000 is quite a lot deeper so all of the above and probably a flash gun and filters.

JRJ

JRJ

Associate
My 3-way redsnapper head was starting to wind me up so fancied trying a ball head, for £20 this Hahnel BH-40 is a pretty awesome for the price, feels solid, well built smooth movement and a 5kg payload.

Associate
Fuji X20 :)

2013-09-11%2012.05.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Hey guys. Talking of cameras, is it possible to blow a flash in the camera unit ? The story goes I was taking a picture of my new keyboard and the flash popped up. Took the picture and there was a "crack" and a puff of electrical smoke appear from the flash. Now it's still working for some reason but I'm sure that the flash is not as powerful as it was before. Can you get replacements or is it a send back to Canon job ? It's just over a month old.

@reygjabla: That's some serious hardware !!

Soldato
Fair enough everyone wants different things from a bag, I carried mine round lego land all day with no issues at all, it doesn't kill my shoulders at all. In fact I forget I'm even carrying it. I like that it looks more like a casual bag rather than a 'school bag'. I hate the look of camera rucksacks, the typical camera nerd look. :D

hehe i get what you are saying. only speaking by experience hehe :)

That is why i have like 4-5 bags now just for camera gear! im worse then a woman!

Caporegime
hehe i get what you are saying. only speaking by experience hehe :)

That is why i have like 4-5 bags now just for camera gear! im worse then a woman!

I have around 7 bags for hiking/skiing and another 3 for camera gear, plus several different types of carry-on luggage etc.

TBH, you can never have too many bags. Each type of trip and condition needs a different bag. I have summer packs, winter packs (space for ski attachment, avy gear), mountaineering packs (better ice-axe and crampon retainers, loops to sort ropes), and more casual packs, all in various sizes and grades. Under-filling a big bag is not comfortable and wastes a load of weight.

Back
Top Bottom