The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Caporegime
I was surprised and confused and wondered what they had sent me lol

All designer bags do the same thing in my experience, Gucci, Prada, Paul Smith. It’s to protect it when you are not using it when you store it away.

Wotancraft also have taken this little trait for their bags, I’m not complaining! It’s rather cool I think. I do use it as I don’t use my Ryker that often.

Soldato
All designer bags do the same thing in my experience, Gucci, Prada, Paul Smith. It’s to protect it when you are not using it when you store it away.

Wotancraft also have taken this little trait for their bags, I’m not complaining! It’s rather cool I think. I do use it as I don’t use my Ryker that often.
Yea my ex had Luis Vuitton and channel bag's and they always came inside another bag

Soldato
This Wotancraft Pilot is beautiful and I love the colour and feel of the canvas. The khaki is fair bit darker than my photos show. Love the little touches like the swivelly bit on the strap so it never gets twisted. Plenty of space inside and more to spare, glad I got the 10L. I like that I can flip the top of the dividers and completely cover and protect the camera LCD. Takes my tripod with and without the cover. And Raymond, I took a photo to show you how the pouch clips on. I love the magentic clip. You're right Greebo, it connects as soon as it's anywhere near and easy one handed :)

Wotancraft 18
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Wotancraft 4
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Wotancraft 17
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Wotancraft 3
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Wotancraft 15
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Wotancraft 10
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Wotancraft 9
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Wotancraft 16
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Wotancraft 8
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Associate
So I picked up a Sony 28-60mm to supplement my 50mm f2.5. It's cheap, tiny and sharp. Corners aren't bad if you stop down a bit. Rendering is pretty good, considering the variable aperture.

What amazed me is how well it compares to the Sony 28/2 and Zeiss 35/2.8 though. Less distortion than the 28mm, with better corners after correction. Much faster AF than the 35mm, with slightly better corners. For a daylight walkabout on my a7riii, I honestly can't fault it.

Soldato
Well I never got a bill for VAT or customs duty on my Wotancraft Pilot, so bonus! I went to Park Cameras a week ago and ended up walking out with another bag! A Tenba DNA 15. £99. Couldn't resist. It's really nice and the top zipper is really useful for grabbing the camera and lenses without opening the flap. More pockets than snooker at the Crucible, about 20 of them in all. It's longer than the Wotancraft and still very deep. Two magnetic Fidlocks and an almost silent velcro flap. The strap has very thick padding so very comfortable and more like the one on my old bag. I like both bags for different things they offer so will swap between them.

Tenba DNA 15 (1)
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Tenba DNA 15 (2)
by Merlin 5, on Flickr

Soldato
lol you are getting bag obsessed!

I know, lol, I must be mad having two. I've always liked good quality bags. I did a click and collect on the Tenba just to order it into the store and see if it was more comfortable on the shoulder than the Wotancraft and I think it is. Although it's slightly heavier, weight distribution is better because it's longer, the sides are firmer than tbe Wotancraft which I think reduces the weight of gear sagging downwards and the strap feels softer. But I've gotten used to the Wotancraft and they're both comfortable.

Soldato
Yes absolutely! The insert can be removed allowing it to be a regular messenger bag. Which size DNA do you have and what colour? The zips are very nice too. The Wotancraft feels more rugged, but the Tenba definitely feels strong and should last a long time.
I got the 15 too, but in the coppery brown colour. I was using it as a messenger when I used to cycle to uni - lots of room for everything, including a packed lunch. One of my better accessory purchases!

Associate
Love my Tenba DNA, had it for years and it's probably the best bag I've owned, so it's been round the world with me. I've got the 13 as it's a perfect cabin bag. The silent velcro is genius.

And there's nothing wrong with being bag obsessed- I have a cupboard full of bags. When the wife raises her eyebrows I just point at her shoes :D Might pick up a DNA15 as well, I reckon it'd be great as a weekend escape bag for travelling light.

Soldato
I got the 15 too, but in the coppery brown colour. I was using it as a messenger when I used to cycle to uni - lots of room for everything, including a packed lunch. One of my better accessory purchases!

Yeah it's very roomy!

Love my Tenba DNA, had it for years and it's probably the best bag I've owned, so it's been round the world with me. I've got the 13 as it's a perfect cabin bag. The silent velcro is genius.

And there's nothing wrong with being bag obsessed- I have a cupboard full of bags. When the wife raises her eyebrows I just point at her shoes :D Might pick up a DNA15 as well, I reckon it'd be great as a weekend escape bag for travelling light.

Lol :D

Associate
In a fit of jealousy for Merlin5's Tenba DNA15, and as I've always fancied a bigger version of my DNA13, I've been trying to find one, but after several failed orders it looks like nobody has any- turns out they've been discontinued and replaced by the DNA11/16, so I ordered a 16 Pro. When it arrived I was horrified to realise they've got rid of the front pockets, which I use constantly. Shame as the rest of the bag has several decent design updates. Anyway, turns out they'd sent me the 16 Slim instead of the Pro, so I felt lucky and sent it back. Then today, a previous DNA15 order I'd made at Park Cameras that had supposedly been cancelled due no stock pinged as "Ready to collect". Popped up today and there it is, also in Graphite. Been lugging it around today on various adventures and I'm very happy, it's the perfect "weekend away" size of my favourite bag.

Soldato
In a fit of jealousy for Merlin5's Tenba DNA15, and as I've always fancied a bigger version of my DNA13, I've been trying to find one, but after several failed orders it looks like nobody has any- turns out they've been discontinued and replaced by the DNA11/16, so I ordered a 16 Pro. When it arrived I was horrified to realise they've got rid of the front pockets, which I use constantly. Shame as the rest of the bag has several decent design updates. Anyway, turns out they'd sent me the 16 Slim instead of the Pro, so I felt lucky and sent it back. Then today, a previous DNA15 order I'd made at Park Cameras that had supposedly been cancelled due no stock pinged as "Ready to collect". Popped up today and there it is, also in Graphite. Been lugging it around today on various adventures and I'm very happy, it's the perfect "weekend away" size of my favourite bag.

Nice! I was about to suggest Park Cameras and then saw you'd got it from there. That was fortunate your previous order became available. I don't like the newer DNA bags, very plain looking. The pattern and slightly satin finish on the one you and I have is much nicer. Enjoy your weekend away bag! :)

Back
Top Bottom