The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Caporegime
Just got the 10L.

Now everything fits…but a couple of disappointments.

1 - the 6L has 2 internal pockets, one either side for small things like camera battery. Not in the 10L.

2 - with the extra volume, there are no more pockets, actually less with the removal of the 2 internal side pockets.

3 - it could have added a pocket on the body side on the outside of the bag, the perfect place for passport.

Still, it fits what I need, actually can fit the Steam Deck too, or 500m of water.

Last edited:
Soldato
I want this too but I got the original Mk1, which only used on 3 trips. I should use it more before I can justify it. The main thing with the 3rd one is the joystick is now built in, not an attachment.
Selling my Pocket 2 for the same reason, just not getting the use it deserves, plus footage from iPhone beats it.

That said I am trying to pick up an Insta360 x3.

Caporegime
Selling my Pocket 2 for the same reason, just not getting the use it deserves, plus footage from iPhone beats it.

That said I am trying to pick up an Insta360 x3.

I LOVE the gimbal aspect of it, I just don't have the patience, space or time to try and carry and balance my Sony cameras on a gimbal just for some personal stuff.

But I must say the iPhone (14Pro) video stabilisation always surprises me, it feels so smooth on playback.

Caporegime
Steam deck for size.

bEFO62n.jpg

Man of Honour
Saw these advertised on Instagram several months ago but none were available for Canon bodies at least not in a price I thought was reasonable. Different story now with some brands coming to Amazon with them, well reviewed and well priced with Amazon 15% discount currently too. "Search K&F Concept LP-E6NH Battery, 2 Pack"

The convenience of being able to charge them directly via USB-C on the go means no need to pack the desktop charger on the go, just use the power bank :cool:

Yriq64j.jpg

Soldato
Saw these advertised on Instagram several months ago but none were available for Canon bodies at least not in a price I thought was reasonable. Different story now with some brands coming to Amazon with them, well reviewed and well priced with Amazon 15% discount currently too. "Search K&F Concept LP-E6NH Battery, 2 Pack"

The convenience of being able to charge them directly via USB-C on the go means no need to pack the desktop charger on the go, just use the power bank :cool:

Yriq64j.jpg

Have just ordered three myself for my A7R. Be a good space saving for backpacking not needing the charger or additional cables.

Have two charged in the carry case with the cards ready and one in the camera :)

Last edited:
Soldato
Why not just charge your camera directly with the batteries on them?
Camera takes micro usb and charging is really slow that way with the batteries I have. Nothing else uses that cable too, so there's an extra unnecessary addition. The three means I maximise what I can carry for the duration of the trip (likely 6-9 months) too.

Soldato
Ahh ok cool.

Wow you still use a7r mk1?

Yeah, I actually got it as my first proper camera! Still climbing up that very steep learning curve...

I keep looking and want to upgrade to newer models, but I'm learning so much with it that for now I'll stick with it whilst I improve further. The rate of keepers are going up with every 'event' also which is encouraging!

Caporegime

Yriq64j.jpg

There are several brands, Neewer does one that is slightly higher capacity, same design, probably made in the same factory, what made you go for the K&F?

Man of Honour
I have Neewer stuff already and did see that they did this battery too, looks exactly the same although they say 2400mAh vs this one's 2250. The price is higher though and there's no Amazon voucher offer on them either so the 2-pack for K&F with 15% off coming to £51 just seemed a better deal. 150mAh difference between the two won't amount to any game changing gains in shooting more images :p

Caporegime
I have Neewer stuff already and did see that they did this battery too, looks exactly the same although they say 2400mAh vs this one's 2250. The price is higher though and there's no Amazon voucher offer on them either so the 2-pack for K&F with 15% off coming to £51 just seemed a better deal. 150mAh difference between the two won't amount to any game changing gains in shooting more images :p

This looks exactly the same but even cheaper! (For Sony that is)

F1TP NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Camera Battery with USB-C Port, 2 Pack 2280mAh Battery Fit for Sony Alpha 6700 7CR 7C II A6600 A7IV A7SIII A7C A1 FX3 A7R3 A7R IV, A9 A9R A9S, Replaces BC-QZ1,NP-FZ100D https://amzn.eu/d/0ryVElX

Last edited:
Associate

Yriq64j.jpg
That looks awesome, I'm very tempted.

Back
Top Bottom