The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Soldato
Been looking at these 2 lenses for a few weeks but couldn't make my mind up on which to buy first, but then the Laowa 90mm came up used on Trademe (NZ Ebay) for about half new price so bought that, which then meant I could go and buy the Viltrox too, I even got a $120 discount for asking too!

53566788490_8415948a3b_b_d.jpg

Soldato
That looks very nice!

Other half's brother has been playing around with his dad's old film camera and got some really nice shots. Can't currently justify the expense of film, but can say that recent edits have been inclined towards giving images that film look.

Last edited:
Associate
My X-T5 arrived last week while away with work, managed to snag a nearly new spare battery and the BC-W235 charger off eBay for a steal, followed a day later by a MHG-XT5 metal grip which I am very happy with as I never had it off my X-T3 but was struggling to bring myself to pay £129 for the new price.

image001.jpg

image002.jpg

With the X-T5 having a slightly more pronounced grip than the 3 already with the metal grip on its perfect for my hands.

I am now debating whether I actually keep the X-T3 as a backup and sell my X-T20, but the X-T20 coupled with the 27mm pancake gives a very (jacket) pocketable setup.

Last edited:
Soldato
Both of these are new to me in the last few weeks. A7R2 with 28000 shutter count (ex studio use only) and Zeiss Batis 25/2.0. Owned a Batis 18 but with such a wide field of view the corner distortion was often a bit wild. Also wasn't massively sharp until stopped down, whereas test photos with this copy loo tack sharp in the corners even wide open.

upload images

Got my old 35/2.8 ZA that is too good an example to sell for now alongside the 55/1.8. Just love the Zeiss primes!

Soldato
Although I already have a small camera bag that fits the bill, I've been looking at bags that can max out the British airways personal item size (40x30x15) and found that some of the peak design bags seem to fit that size perfectly... either a messenger or sling 10L that I can pick up cheap.

Anyone got any suggestions out there? Weatherproof is fine as I hate the rain so a light shower is all it would ever see! :)

Soldato
Although I already have a small camera bag that fits the bill, I've been looking at bags that can max out the British airways personal item size (40x30x15) and found that some of the peak design bags seem to fit that size perfectly... either a messenger or sling 10L that I can pick up cheap.

Anyone got any suggestions out there? Weatherproof is fine as I hate the rain so a light shower is all it would ever see! :)
How about one of these?

I have the 25 which holds my Panasonic G80 with a 12-35mm f/2.8 attached, my 7-14mm f/4, cleaning kit, filters and spare batteries. It’s basically showerproof as is, but it has a raincover like you would use on a rucksack in one of front pockets.

Have been using mine for over a decade now and can’t fault it.

Caporegime

I have the Peak Design 10L Sling.

It does take all the boxes but there isn't as much space as you expect due to the tapered design (smaller at the bottom). The other negative is I had hoped there would be more compartments. It's just the main one, front and one inside for small things and iPad compartment. I had hoped there is one more outside on the body side.

It's pretty light without gear, strap is good and is comfortable when i wore it when full. It has a place for the PD Clip to hold your camera on the outside too. The handle also acts as a loop where your carry on luggage goes through.

You can get it under £100 on ebay for some hardly used ones.

Last edited:
Soldato
Cheers both! Got plenty of time to work it out and shall check out the mirrorless mover range. Will be holding the A7R2, 25mm and 55mm with my little box that holds the batteries and cards, then a pouch with filters, plus whatever else we take in tech!

Caporegime
They look like just the thing for quick release before putting the camera into a bag, It annoys me the way the strap sort of just sits on top.

Sits on top? You can always detach it if you don't want that.

They are useful because I don't need to buy that many straps. I have quite a few cameras, I just put the PD dongles on all the cameras and then attach the strap I want onto the camera I am going to use that that. Store the camera without the strap.

Or you can swap between a strap to a wrist strap.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom