*** The new MacBook/MacBook Pro thread, all info in here ***

Associate
I saw that on the supposedly mbp cover that they weren't sure if it was a FireWire slot or not as they had dropped it on the supposedly MacBook case could this spare slot be a hdmi out? I think this would be nice.

I would like to see a cheaper laptop this would be awesome.

Any other things people want to see

Soldato
When is the keynote for tommorow? Is anyone else excited? Im going to buy my 1st ever apple computer when the new macbooks come out - wooooooooooooo!!!

Soldato
Guys do you think these new MacBooks will be available in-store within the next 3 weeks?

snip...

Every other mac release for an existing product has been in stock same day or couple of days after. Though stock may be limited. But they should get all the stock configs in as soon as jobs is finished on stage. Remember apple also loves the US so they will get first dibs on stock of course. So to answer your question, yes they will.

I picked up my early 2008 MBP 2 or 3 days after the announcement in the bullring store no problems.

Permabanned
OP
http://www.macrumors.com/2008/10/14...etails-clickable-glass-trackpad-gpus-pricing/

Hmm, more expensive, that's quite disappointing. :(

Hope it isn't confirmed, the price has gone up by about $200 for the base model!

Glass trackpads too, I might go for the $999 white MacBook if that's getting a price reduce, I don't need a better GPU really, would have been nice though.

Hate using trackpads to click stuff however.

Last edited:
Soldato
Can we all use this thread for the announcement and details etc. I will rename the title and other threads will be merged into here as they pop up. :)

Associate
When is the keynote for tommorow? Is anyone else excited? Im going to buy my 1st ever apple computer when the new macbooks come out - wooooooooooooo!!!

Yes, I, too, am excited.
Have just ordered MacBook Pro but have cancelled the order to see what transpires from the keynote today.
It's my first Mac purchase as well. Goodbye MS - Vista especially!.

I'm making the move across (or up to) Macs after finally realising I spend too much time having to fart around with windows settings and rubbish and not enough time creating.

Praying that I won't be let down...

Back
Top Bottom