*** The new MacBook/MacBook Pro thread, all info in here ***

Soldato
Thats the problem with Mac's people compare them too much to PC's.

Jez Clarkson explained apple best while comparing 2 cars on Top Gear

He compared the Ferrari 575 and the Chevy Corvette ZR1, The ZR1 was a mach for the ferrari in everything including internal features, Speed etc.
He then said you could have 3 ZR1's for the price of the Ferrari.

He then finished by saying I know what I would choose and slipped into the Ferrari and drove off;)

Apple can charge their prices because they are Apple, HP and Co dont have their Charisma, in a recent pole in the UK on Style Icons, number 1 was : Aston Martin, 2 was iPhone and 3 was Apple.

I bet HP, never made the list.

If all those PC's company's could charge apples prices they would:D

I dont think its about whether or not they could charge the prices. Its about how viable to them it would be if they did.

People pay the premium on Macs mainly because of the OS if they are computer literate or the brand if they are computer illiterate. HP, Dell and all could charge a lot more than they do, but they choose not too because they have a specific market.

There is no doubt that Apple provides quality support service and their products are built to a very high standard, but for this new release of Macbooks, i don't see why i would upgrade my current Macbook to a new one.

The graphics cards are pretty irrelevant because you don't by Macs to play games imo. Its just the faster processors that would draw me and other newcomers.

All just imo btw ;)

Soldato
specs for the macbooks dont look great after reading the rumour sites. I hope apple pull a few suprises or i shall be buying a Dell 13" XPS.

Been waiting for these for ages aswell :(

A MacBook isn't an XPS. Never has been, never will be. You don't buy any Apple product based on specification alone. Get the XPS if specs are the be all and end all for you.

Thats the problem with Mac's people compare them too much to PC's.

Apple can charge their prices because they are Apple, HP and Co dont have their Charisma, in a recent pole in the UK on Style Icons, number 1 was : Aston Martin, 2 was iPhone and 3 was Apple.

I bet HP, never made the list.

If all those PC's company's could charge apples prices they would:D

Clarkson is a nob though! :p He does have a valid point. Why do people buy expensive watches when a Casio digital will do the job? As I said above you don't buy Apple just because of the specs.

Soldato
A MacBook isn't an XPS. Never has been, never will be. You don't buy any Apple product based on specification alone. Get the XPS if specs are the be all and end all for you.

If these specs are to be believed, it's certainly not going to put the Macbook far behind the XPS M1330 in terms of performance anyway.

Soldato
Main reason I want to upgrade is that my current MBP does feel sluggish when I have all the apps open I like to run, and in a decent sized PSD file it does slow down slightly!

Is 4GB going to be the max or will the new macbooks be able to handle 2x4GB?

Associate
Well I think it's all jolly exciting.

I only decided to move to a mac - after 15 long years on ms - the day before yesterday and now this....

I ordered a MBP yesterday and have cancelled the order pending the outcome today.

Soldato
But could it really be justified?

What kind of computer enthusiast are you
suspect.gif
:D

Back
Top Bottom