The new Samsung Odyssey G9 Mini Led

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

Is the HDR issue only when gaming?

I assume watching HDR content still works fine (and looks great might I add)

Associate
Guys on another forum that received it basically saying the monitor is broken/terrible in HDR until Samsung sends out a new firmware. The question is, will that happen before the return period is up, if ever?

Soldato
OP
Sorry to read of you guys having issues with the new one. Unacceptable really. I think we would have all rather waited an extra few months to have it more polished. My original G9 (a later batch) has been absolutely perfect so far. I've owned it for a few months. Perhaps later batches and firmware will unlock the new G9's potential as well.

Associate
Sadly I'll be returning my NeoG9 next week. There's just too many issues for the asking price especially the HDR/FALD implementation. The final straw for me was the popping has gotten a lot more frequent lately.
I've had the AW38 delivered and much happier with it despite the not so good HDR, but I find it's a much easier monitor to work on especially for my work.

Associate
Is there a recording of the popping on the web somewhere? Either mine doesn't do it or I've gone deaf. It would be a strange deafness though because I can still hear the wife...

Associate
To be honest I’ve not heard any popping on mine. If it the sounds like my old g9 it used to make a popping/cracking type sound. I’m still sending mine back though. But for a replacement. Mines got severe back light bleed. What’s the betting they send me out a returned panel.

Associate
Is there a recording of the popping on the web somewhere? Either mine doesn't do it or I've gone deaf. It would be a strange deafness though because I can still hear the wife...

I'll see if I could record mine, it's the thermal expansion of the plastic casing. It sounds just like my previous G9 but in different places. I don't mind the occasional pop but it goes on for a good hour or two which does my head in. There's been talks that it would eventually go away but I'm not taking chances here, well not for £1850. I'm not going to wait 6 months or more to see if it goes away.

Associate
Looks like the box isn't up to the worst Fedex can throw at it:

490765_thumbnail_20210827_070730.jpg

Split began EXACTLY in the middle top.

I guess it's a good thing I have a second being delivered today lol.

Associate
I have asked Samsung for a replacement as mine has terrible backlight bleed. They also agreed the screen is faulty. Here’s the response I’ve just received from them after a week of back and forth.

“I understand that you are requesting replacement for your 49" Odyssey Neo G9 DQHD Quantum Mini-LED Gaming Monitor.

Please know that upon checking our system the item will be out of stock for the rest 4 weeks. Please know that we can process return for your monitor however, please be aware that if there is no available unit for replacement of your item, we will be needing to collect the Portable SSD T7 USB 3.2 1TB as well for us to process refund instead of replacement.”

Unbelievable. I’m now going to be without a monitor as I sold my old g9. Unless of course I buy something else.

Associate
TWO CRACKED NEO G9's. UNBELIEVABLE.

Both came from the same warehouse in Dallas Texas area. One shipped via Fedex (BestBuy order) and one shipped by UPS (Samsung order). Second box had less visible disruption.

The cracks were IDENTICAL, branching out from the top into four "legs". Definitely a manufacturing problem. Either they are cracking when they are putting them in the boxes after checking them off the assembly line, or the way they were stacked on pallets at the warehouse putting to much pressure on them is my guess. Interestingly, this is the first monitor I've ever seen made in Vietnam.

I'm done with the Neo G9, it's way too fragile. I highly doubt it was going to replace my PG32UQX, but I still wanted to try it out. Having received and tested over 100+ monitors in the last two decades, without a single crack, having two back to back is beyond just "random" chance.

Back
Top Bottom