The new Samsung Odyssey G9 Mini Led

Caporegime
Nice but I need one with 2500 nits as the tech chap" measured 2360 nits in one scenario.)

You will be into pro equipment then, none of the calibrating tools will do the job. The pro plus is the highest any of them go.

But I know Baddass has some pro equipment for his monitor testing and seem to remember him mentioning once that it cost him over £5k.

Associate
Best equipment can't compensate knowledge and skill ;). The G9 NEO is be doomed to failure.

The case can't manage the heat of high sustained brightness so it drops down to arround 650 nits and the bad cpu can't handle good hdr for 2048 dimming zones.

The combination of both is this look:

Above G9 Neo with sdr, below G9 Neo with hdr:

https://photos-eu.bazaarvoice.com/photo/2/cGhvdG86c2Ftc3VuZw/96911f1e-1caf-579c-b2a3-c30b2083c0c1

Above G9 Neo with hdr, below Oled C9 with hdr:

https://photos-eu.bazaarvoice.com/photo/2/cGhvdG86c2Ftc3VuZw/f2e4ea6a-7b49-5309-a829-eed5136db2a6

Ask yourself why it costs in UAE only 1350 US Dollars :D. I will keep the AW3821DW for daily use and the PG32UQX for bright hdr content and the C1/G1 for darker hdr content. The X34GS goes on sale, because i need the space for the PG32UQX :). There is no away arround this combination of the best displays the market is offering to get the whole spectrum of scenarios.

Last edited:
Associate
Think mine is going to have to go back this week. HDR being a washed out mess in games is just not good enough for a monitor like this.

I'm still waiting for a refund from the Samsung Shop on this after a month, and 3 "priority tickets" where they've promised each time to reply after 48 hours. All ******** of course. Be wary of ordering direct.

Associate
My Neo G9 was supposed to be delivered on 9th August. I paid £3.99 for an afternoon delivery. Then they screwed up the labelling and DPD couldn't deliver at all. After hours on chat and telephone calls to both Samsung and DPD I eventually got my delivery, although I still had to rescue it from a neighbour's house. During the process I asked for the contact details to make a formal complaint to Samsung but was refused and eventually I was offered a voucher as compensation and refund of my delivery charge. Since I was suffering a headache from all that contact with the Samsung customer services wall I agreed. Readers may not be surprised that I had to follow up on this a few times. The voucher never appeared and I have only just received my second notification that the £3.99 will be refunded. Unlike the 1st this one includes pdf credit note so I am feeling hopeful that it will actually happen this time. I don't care too much about the £3.99 itself but I do care about the principle.

So I agree with @dafadau - be cautious about buying direct from Samsung. If it were not for the launch of the Neo G9 and the chance to pre-order, I would have bought the original G9, and certainly not direct from Samsung.

Soldato
My Neo G9 was supposed to be delivered on 9th August. I paid £3.99 for an afternoon delivery. Then they screwed up the labelling and DPD couldn't deliver at all. After hours on chat and telephone calls to both Samsung and DPD I eventually got my delivery, although I still had to rescue it from a neighbour's house. During the process I asked for the contact details to make a formal complaint to Samsung but was refused and eventually I was offered a voucher as compensation and refund of my delivery charge. Since I was suffering a headache from all that contact with the Samsung customer services wall I agreed. Readers may not be surprised that I had to follow up on this a few times. The voucher never appeared and I have only just received my second notification that the £3.99 will be refunded. Unlike the 1st this one includes pdf credit note so I am feeling hopeful that it will actually happen this time. I don't care too much about the £3.99 itself but I do care about the principle.

So I agree with @dafadau - be cautious about buying direct from Samsung. If it were not for the launch of the Neo G9 and the chance to pre-order, I would have bought the original G9, and certainly not direct from Samsung.

They are shocking. If it wasn't for my decent works discount id have bought from the usual place.

Associate
4gF8qrz.png

I was going to wait for Amazon stock for £1749 after hearing the troubles getting it direct, but the next day delivery and 0% APR from Samsung was too tempting

There is an open box one on Ebay already which I found odd though, £1499!

Associate
The discount you mean? Perkbox and then onto the Samsung EPP portal
Never heard of pearbox ..its 10% OFF all monitors site wide .. just got iy on 48 months 0% with Klarna .

£1664. My only issue is with the delivery company Panther who are known for re-packing returns and then waiting on a sale from the manufacturer/seller . i just hope i don't get someone else's returned unit or a social media influencer review unit.

P.s Quidco tracked to at £101.69

Associate
How'd you get the 10% off - the student discount via Unidays and my partners Blue Light card (NHS etc) discounts dont show any discounts on the Neo G9

Both these worked on the initial preorder but i didnt bite the bullet! regretting this now as I dont think I can pony up the full price!

Associate
How'd you get the 10% off - the student discount via Unidays and my partners Blue Light card (NHS etc) discounts dont show any discounts on the Neo G9

Both these worked on the initial preorder but i didnt bite the bullet! regretting this now as I dont think I can pony up the full price!

discount on top of page for all monitors .. code is VK9TBH4RV .. until 23.59 30th September .. UK time .

Associate
tried again on iOS and it shows another message, code has already been used. maybe it was specific for you

how do i attach images on here ? its not just for me its site wide for all on monitors , you must be using some kind of portal . use quidco too as it tracks from that and you dont even need to copy and paste , just press apply coupons and its there .. if i can uplaod iamges on here i can show its on the top banner of the p[age for all to see .

Associate
Why are you so greedy? This monitor has hardware defects, no proper hdr and a lot other misfunctions. And btw you need a lot samples to get one without dust (nearly every Samsung sva panel has it), pixel failures, very visible fald grid, low dse, white spots, damaged polarization film, broken panel ... . I had 4 G9 Neo. It's cheap for mini led at the cost of getting an very underwhelming monitor.

Associate
51478217377_ed7509e64f_c.jpg
Untitled[/url] by John Williams, on Flickr[/IMG]

Back
Top Bottom