The new Samsung Odyssey G9 Mini Led

Associate
£1850.40
I'm fairly sure I'd have been fine with the current G9 but I do remember years ago trying out a total of 3 65" Samsung LCD TVs in my lounge and hating the backlight bleed/bloom in dark scenes, and so I bought one of their plasma TVs instead. Having invested in a new PC with all the extra cost & delays of recent times, I decided that I ought to splash the extra cash for the Neo and not risk any regrets.

And the price has changed to £1849. I guess someone in marketing decided that the "ending in a 9 pricing" was necessary to lure buyers? I'm trying not to be irritated that I overpaid by £1.40 by pre-ordering before that decision - at least they didn't just change the $ to a £ (but I had already decided that it it was over 2K I would get the current one instead).

Last edited:

Deleted member 209350

D

Deleted member 209350

£1850 is definitely MUCH better pricing than what people were saying in here, but its still very high. Though I am very tempted, im definitely going to wait a couple months for some sort of sale or discount and also see if there are any bugs with the screen and QC issues like last years model with the screen coming loose from the back plastic etc etc.. Will need to see a bunch of reviews on it as well

Associate
I saw it on Samsung's Australian site yesterday for $2999 including tax which now seems a very good price. If the US $2499.99 is before sales tax then actually the UK price is as good as if not better than the US price which is surprising.
Of course if this monitor is actually worth any of those prices has become a very subjective matter these days. If it had been listed at £2499 then I suspect that there will still have been plenty of pre-orders, although perhaps nobody would be admitting to that? What's worse is that in spite of what I have paid for this monitor my expectations are not actually that I will receive perfection. I won't accept pixel problems and likely not the light bleed but it seems that I will need to accept the thermal popping - and maybe it will be worse if the mini-LEDs produce more heat in the Neo?

Associate
Yep in UAE this neo g9 is only 5000 AED which is less than £1000. That's ridiculous how different the pricing is and kinda shows how low the price could go in a sale.

Associate
Healthy profit margins that's for sure. Well the Acer pg32uqx is completely priced out now compared to this.

If they can sell it for £980 you'd think they'd be making them for much less.. if it's that cheap to make, why didn't they also put it into the 28 inch 4k version.

Back
Top Bottom