The Newcastle United Club Thread **No Spoilers**

Soldato
Matt Targett has a buy option in his loan deal.

Yeah or neah?

Defensively he solid could be better going forward but could be the perfect full back playing behind Maxi.

15m is the rumour.

Soldato
if true I imagine we'll go for it. Solid player for the price if you ask me.
Indeed. Pure grafter also.
Infact both fullbacks on Saturday did well to cope with Brighton overloading the wings.

Can't wait to see Dan announced its put quite a lot of noses out of joint already lol

Soldato
I have never been so happy to be completely wrong, I really did question the Howe appointment as historically his teams played nice football but couldn’t defend for toffee, and the fact that we were the joint worst team in the league defensively, I really worried that we would be conceding a lot of goals and be toothless going forward, boy was I wrong and I’m awfully pleased I was.

Soldato
I was quite happy with Howe as I genuinely thought then that he was probably the best we could hope to land. While you can't ignore the large sum of money spent in January which has undoubtedly been a major factor in staying up, you can visibly see the spirits of the team are high which rubs off on the crowd and vice versa. He has managed to get a tune out of players like Krafth and Almiron and others have upped their games around it. I still can't get on board with the Joelinton thing though, I think he's hopeless. :D
He's been very unfortunate with injuries to key men like Trippier and Wilson but when you see the way they graft for each other and things like Bruno (who has every ingredient to become a superstar up there) running at full tilt in the 95th minute and the general good feel at the club which I can even sense from the other side of the world then Howe has to take enormous credit for it. He's done a great job.

Soldato
Half the team know they're playing to still be part of this squad in 3 years time! :cry:
Well there is probably a bit of that although to be fair to Ashley he tended to tie them to decent length contracts - rightly or wrongly. Most of them looked like they couldn't give a flying **** under Bruce.
I'd like to hope the vast majority of them have been replaced in 3 years time!

Soldato
I have never been so happy to be completely wrong, I really did question the Howe appointment as historically his teams played nice football but couldn’t defend for toffee, and the fact that we were the joint worst team in the league defensively, I really worried that we would be conceding a lot of goals and be toothless going forward, boy was I wrong and I’m awfully pleased I was.
:)
I wanted him pre takeover. was also happy with nearly all the names we got linked with after the takeover lol

His attention to detail is amazing. His dedication is off the planet.

He headed over to A.Madrid to learn and improve his own failings. That speak volumes of wanting to improve and improve thoese around him.

Associate
Howe was very sensible with his transfer business:

- Trippier was a known good, experienced right back. Good set piece taker and solid defender.
- Targett is fine as a left back although they might look to strenghen.
- Burn. I must admit, I raised an eyebrow when they paid 13 million for him. He's been great for them. I think always playing that CB role rather than occasional LB has helped.
- Guimaraes. Looks a very good player. Probably the marquee star signings.
- Wood. Weakens a relegation opposition and also gives them a good focal point up front. Unspectacular, but will create space for the attacking players.

Soldato
Big Dan Burn January signing of the season.

Been the best English defender in the prem since he arrived, will get overlooked for England because he only has 4 fingers on one hand.

Back
Top Bottom