The Newcastle United Club Thread **No Spoilers**

Caporegime
They should stick with Eddie, he got them out of their mess, he should be given a chance to push them on. He should also win manager of the season too IMO. They were absolutely hopeless and in real danger of being relegated when he came in. He sorted their defence out, picked up a few improvements over the current squad (but not world beaters or mercenaries) and they started a March up the table.

Don
not one any of the supporters give a damn about, everyone is is Umadbro or don't care about football anyway and just want to derail a topic with political crap
And yet you've been taken over by people that don't care about football but have done so for political reasons. And you say no supporters care about, I've seen many Newcastle supporters care about this on twitter. Obviously there will be ones who don't care and would even defend the Saudi's if they cut Eddie Howe into tiny pieces for losing a few games but you have to accept that if you're happy for your club to be used as a political tool, criticism for that comes with the territory also.

Caporegime
And yet you've been taken over by people that don't care about football but have done so for political reasons. And you say no supporters care about, I've seen many Newcastle supporters care about this on twitter. Obviously there will be ones who don't care and would even defend the Saudi's if they cut Eddie Howe into tiny pieces for losing a few games but you have to accept that if you're happy for your club to be used as a political tool, criticism for that comes with the territory also.
I wonder what products on the OCUK store may have saudi links, does that mean they would be removed? can we suddenly start critizing people who buy from ocuk? or is it only for football clubs

Man of Honour
I wonder what products on the OCUK store may have saudi links, does that mean they would be removed? can we suddenly start critizing people who buy from ocuk? or is it only for football clubs

Newcastle have been bought purely to promote Saudi Arabia in a positive light. It's called Sportswashing.

Don
Pre takeover somebody (maybe you?) made this argument about people putting Saudi fuel into their cars. I have never seen anybody pull into Esso with a tea towel on their head or a MBS face mask. I have never seen somebody putting putting fuel into their car defending Saudi piracy of bein sports. I've not seen anybody at a petrol station mocking and abusing the wife of a journalist that was tortured, murdered and cut up into small pieces at the orders of the Saudi state. I have however seen Newcastle supporters doing all these things.

Saudi knew that if they buy a football club then they're buying an army of supporters, many of whom will go to battle for them over any criticism of Saudi Arabia.

Permabanned
They should stick with Eddie, he got them out of their mess, he should be given a chance to push them on. He should also win manager of the season too IMO. They were absolutely hopeless and in real danger of being relegated when he came in. He sorted their defence out, picked up a few improvements over the current squad (but not world beaters or mercenaries) and they started a March up the table.

This tbh. It's like watching a different team play now. He pulled a squad that most people looked at as 3 easy points and turned them into genuine competition. If he'd have been there a the start of the season I think they could have easily clinched top 10.

Soldato
This tbh. It's like watching a different team play now. He pulled a squad that most people looked at as 3 easy points and turned them into genuine competition. If he'd have been there a the start of the season I think they could have easily clinched top 10.
Dependent results on Sunday we can still clinch top 10 this season :)

Soldato
Dependent results on Sunday we can still clinch top 10 this season :)
TBH I would prefer not to finish in the top 10 this season as that might make expectations way too high from some fans next season. Personally I would like to be best of the rest next season, but I think it’s more sensible to look for a top 10 finish and a nice run in the cups with a positive GD.

Soldato
TBH I would prefer not to finish in the top 10 this season as that might make expectations way too high from some fans next season. Personally I would like to be best of the rest next season, but I think it’s more sensible to look for a top 10 finish and a nice run in the cups with a positive GD.
It will be interesting to see what we do. I haven't felt this optimistic since the early 90's :)

Just time to clear our the squad.

The very successful January window and the improvements to some players probably has changed our summer targets.

7 or 9 players out? Ritchie, Jammal, Hayden, Fernández, Clark, Darlow and Gayle seem set to leave.

Would love to see a new Goalkeeper, Striker and right winger.

Likely signings

Henderson and Hugo Ekitike rumours just won't go away. Loans with options to buy on the later.

/cough Paquetá would be a dream.

Soldato
So today I've heard that lascelles is going back to Forest, and Ekitike deal is back on and will be completed when window opens, also 15 mill for Target will be finalised. Also heard that the Lingard saga will be over because aage demands are too high and it won't fit with the club's structure.

I'd like to think they cleared out deadwood like Lewis/Clarke and Fernandes.

Also heard there will be one marquee signing likely to be Lucas paqueta.

Lastly there will be 3 loan signings/free transfers, no names mentioned though.

Back
Top Bottom