The Newcastle United Club Thread **No Spoilers**

Soldato
I know people take the **** mentioning him but I genuinely think Fat Sam would be a safer appointment than Howe. Newcastle cannot afford to get relegated this season. The PL are already tightening all the loopholes to limit what Newcastle can spend and a relegation will wipe out all the FFP leeway they've built up thanks to Ashley's frugalness. Although he won't do anything else, the football will be terrible and he's an unbearable dinosaur, Fat Sam is a safer bet to keep Newcastle up. Howe will play better football and will be a better long term appointment but he's also more likely to get you relegated.
I would prefer Hodgson over fat sham TBH

Soldato
I thing he'll be able to add to ASM and Almiron too, always gets the best from attackers. If they can sort the defence out short term before getting 1-2 good CB in, they have a fighting chance.

Getting the best from Wilson and keeping him fit is what will keep them up.

Soldato
Newcastle are going to have to do something that’s never been done in the history of the Premier League, stay in the Premier League after not winning in the first 11 games, that’s some ask from Howe

Soldato
Newcastle are going to have to do something that’s never been done in the history of the Premier League, stay in the Premier League after not winning in the first 11 games, that’s some ask from Howe

Take some inspiration from us (Leicester), bottom of the league for 2 thirds of the season, to surviving, and the rest is history ;)

Soldato
There is absolutely no way the fans would accept Fat Sham. I think most would rather be relegated.
Howe would be a good appointment imo. Best we could have got under the circumstances. I think it's a bit of a no lose situation for Howe as most of the football world won't be expecting to stay up and if he keeps us up then he's going to look like a genius. Even if he ends up being a transitional stopgap for two and a half years then he'll be well paid for his troubles and see his stock rise if he does ok. The bottom quarter of the premier league seems to get worse every year and the old 40 point safety net is long gone, its now closer to 35. If he can keep Wilson and ASM fit and tighten them up at the back I think there'll be enough to edge it.

Soldato
Im really not sure Eddie Howe is the man you want to get you out of a relegation battle from the position Newcastle are in. Their defence is awful (Hence why I genuinely think Nat Phillips might be linked) and im not sure Howe is the one to improve it but we will see.

Last edited:
Soldato
Ole Jones hasn't been holding back in his latest interviews. Basically confirming the rumours about Bruce. "Can't come up here and do it part time" "have to give it their all"
Lingard I suppose, can't really think of any others
His agents were at Newcastle last month :) they also weren't shy about posting photos also.

Back
Top Bottom