The next Conservative Leader thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
When the pound recovers and the FTSE 250 is flying I'll mostly say great, the leavers were right, now when can we ditch the foodbanks and zero hour non jobs and crushing cuts to public services in my country. :)

You mean the things the EU didn't stop despite being the beacon of workers' rights?

Caporegime
At the time of your post gbp to usd was about 0.15% higher than opening trading. My point about 6am was that at the time of posting it had dropped lower than it was at at one point before the announcement suggesting that leadsom pulling out had very little affect overall.

If that is "up today" in your book then great, enjoy it :p

factually yes it was 'up' and you're still not really explaining what you're arguing against

though as I've already pointed out it first fell 0.8% before we got to see the spike upwards which retraced that drop and added some... on the back of the news

it is nothing to do with 'enjoying it' it was merely a comment about the news/reaction today which you seem to have jumped on out of some misplaced assumption and attacked your own straw man version of what you assumed was being posted

Soldato
With neither candidate being a great choice and May being clear favourite, i'm glad it's happened like this tbh. The country needs some stability and 2 months of extra uncertainty about who the PM was going to be and a lame duck DC in charge wouldn't have done us any good.

Hell, the campaign had started getting nasty before it had got out of the blocks :o

Caporegime
So we agree the cuts and setup in this country are ideological? If only the Conservatives would put that out as an official statement.

not necessarily but there is certainly some subjectivity in how to best deal with the issues we're still facing post financial crisis... France isn't exactly doing well with their choice not to go down the austerity route in the same way as us.

Caporegime
Since when does a 1 month view show recovery? and as far as any trend goes that image shows volatility and speculation.

it is all just a bit ******** really... lots of silly reactions, moves out of fear, uncertainty etc... I just find it amusing when people read too much into it

Caporegime
factually yes it was 'up' and you're still not really explaining what you're arguing against

though as I've already pointed out it first fell 0.8% before we got to see the spike upwards which retraced that drop and added some... on the back of the news

it is nothing to do with 'enjoying it' it was merely a comment about the news/reaction today which you seem to have jumped on out of some misplaced assumption and attacked your own straw man version of what you assumed was being posted

Yes the pound was up 0.15% against opening trade today. An almost negligble and meaningless rise.

So what your saying is, your point was pointless, especially in the context of this thread?

Also,stop saying strawman. It doesnt make you sound clever, despite however many times you say it :p.

Soldato
Since when does a 1 month view show recovery? and as far as any trend goes that image shows volatility and speculation.

Based in your posting history you get a pass on this one, but plenty of ** tread carefully ** remainers were quick to pounce on the predictable drops in the FTSE 100 & 250 and write in a manner that heavily implied the short term impact was indicative of the UK leaving the EU and that it was only downhill from where we were..

Caporegime
Yes the pound was up 0.15% against opening trade today. An almost negligble and meaningless rise.

So what your saying is, your point was pointless, especially in the context of this thread?

Also,stop saying strawman. It doesnt make you sound clever, despite however many times you say it :p.

I'm saying you were attacking a straw man because that is what you were doing! It isn't to try and sound clever, though if that is your motivation for posting then perhaps that does explain why you decided to pick a meaningless argument you can't even explain properly in relation to a simple factual comment.

and no, rising over 1% in reaction to the news wasn't just usual market noise but was a clear reaction to the news... thus the commented about GBP and the FTSE for people who seem to like these market reactions... :p

Caporegime
Yes very imaginary ...:p

Anyway its been emotional , but i should go to bed. gonna sleep with that warm fuzzy feeling of my pounds being worth 0.15% more. Its on the up baby yeh!

:p

nah it is probably going to fall a bit further... then again forecasting this stuff is a bit ******** in general :)

Caporegime
I'm saying you were attacking a straw man because that is what you were doing! It isn't to try and sound clever, though if that is your motivation for posting then perhaps that does explain why you decided to pick a meaningless argument you can't even explain properly in relation to a simple factual comment.

and no, rising over 1% in reaction to the news wasn't just usual market noise but was a clear reaction to the news... thus the commented about GBP and the FTSE for people who seem to like these market reactions... :p

Its ok , your arbitrary point of where to compare it to is allowed but not mine...and unless you can factually state that the 1% rise in that hour or so was completely to do with leadsom stepping down, then it is just as arbitrary as mine. .

Now where is my bed :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom