The next James Bond could be...

Soldato
I didn't rate Craig as Bond or the movies - it was all very reminiscent of Bourne and any other spy movie. Bond was different in that he was backed up with Q branch and his wit, something very lacking in the Craig movies.

Elba no - Bond is a white British male (there i said it!).

Hiddleston no - too scrawny.

Hardy no - too famous and Daniel Craig like!

Cavill - if it wasn't for his other roles namely TMFU and Superman, i think he would be a good choice - handsome, charming and able to pull off fight scenes when needed.

Fassbender - as per Cavill.

My Bonds are Connery, Brosnan with some of Dalton!

Soldato
I didn't rate Craig as Bond or the movies - it was all very reminiscent of Bourne and any other spy movie. Bond was different in that he was backed up with Q branch and his wit, something very lacking in the Craig movies.

Elba no - Bond is a white British male (there i said it!).

Connery was Scottish, there, I said it...
Theres nothing wrong with moving from the "norm" as far as the character in the books goes, James Bond to me is more a code name than a specific type..

Soldato
Wayne is not even close to enough of an illegitimate son to be comparable to Bond.

As an actor Bale can pull it off, and potentially more convincingly than some of the other actors listed. In regards to Bruce Wayne, I meant that Bale had the look and suaveness. Obviously Bruce Wayne as a character is different.

Soldato
Connery was Scottish, there, I said it...
Theres nothing wrong with moving from the "norm" as far as the character in the books goes, James Bond to me is more a code name than a specific type..

Moving on from the norm? Then it isn't Bond.

I am not disputing Idris isn't a fantastic actor, but he isn't Bond - give him his own spy movie; why Bond?

Superman is everything about USA - how about a black Superman?

While we are at it, how about Tom Hanks playing Martin Luther King or John Travolta playing Nelson Mandela?

As for your comment about Connery been Scottish, well if he can play a Spaniard with a Scottish accent and get away with it............!!

Caporegime
As an actor Bale can pull it off, and potentially more convincingly than some of the other actors listed. In regards to Bruce Wayne, I meant that Bale had the look and suaveness. Obviously Bruce Wayne as a character is different.

Ok, yes, Bale could probably do it.

Perhaps his weird batman voice was actually an attempt to sound like Connery :p

Soldato
ula4u8j.gif

I'm confused! You do realise that was my point exactly. Bond is white, so why get a black actor to play him? Exactly the same as there would be uproar if Travolta or Hanks played black men!

This has been mentioned before. It's seriously not the same though is it? You cannot seriously be suggesting the two are comparable :confused:

J.T

J.T

Soldato
How about if they remade Tropic Thunder and had a white dude playing the black dude.... :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Ok, so the point at which your argument got stupid was when you compared an arbitrary spy being played by a black actor to actual historic black figures whose blackness is integral to just about any story you'd care to tell about them being played by white actors.

In short, it is very important that Bond is a spy. It is not very important that he is white.

Also, Herr Helmet? It's you arguing white supremacy for Bond casting...

Soldato
Quite.
Bond is a fictional character.
Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandella are not fictional and are major historical black figures for fighting oppression and for racial equality.

Caporegime
In other news, I don't remember everyone going mental when Felix Leiter turned up as a black man from time to time, so I guess his skin colour doesn't matter so much as Bond's...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom