The next James Bond could be...

Associate
I'd love the next Bond to be Idris Elba, one of my current favourite actors. He could be great in that role. He's black, so what?!

I wasn't sold on Tom Hiddleson at all until I watched The Night Manager. He was superb in that so I've changed my mind. He could make a good Bond too.

Man of Honour
It's a shame it's now unlikely to be Idris Elba as I think he would be excellent. But realistically he's probably too old now. The next actor needs to be young enough to do several films without getting too old.

I think Hiddleston would make a reasonable Bond. It's probably a good idea to cast someone different to the current actor rather than try to replace him with someone identical.

Soldato
I think Tom Hiddleston is too busy go spend the next 10 years making 3-5 Bond films and nothing else plus he's probably too old to make the last 1-2 physically (he'd be about 50).

I think a better idea would be someone younger say 30 at most who could do a 10year run without issue but who that would be I've no idea.

Caporegime
Too busy to make Bond, one of the most lucrative franchises ever to have graced our screens? He'll make more doing Bond than he would almost every conceivable / realistic alternative, so I totally disagree with that comment.

Too busy for Bond, pmsl.

Soldato
It's not about money or fame, he already has that, it's about the freedom to choose roles. He's an actor with a wide and varied film portfolio and he'd have to give everything up and be stuck as "Bond" for the next ten-ish years without the ability to make any other film outside of that franchise and I'm not sure that'd suit him, thats why I said he'll be "too busy for Bond".

Of course he may be happy with being Bond which shoots down what I said :D

Soldato
They should go with someone unknown. I don't really want to see someone like Idris Elba or Tom Hiddleston as they are too recognizable from other roles.
I think the Bond franchise is now so big that the producers can't risk giving the role to an unknown, or someone who is relatively unknown before becoming Bond. I knew who Daniel Craig was from Layer Cake but not much else before he became Bond.

I think that Idris Elba is a bit too old to do a long run as Bond. He'd probably be able to do two but Tom has time on his side being a fair bit younger. He'd probably be the most famous actor to become Bond rather than become famous as a result of being Bond.

Back
Top Bottom