The next James Bond could be...

Quite.
Bond is a fictional character.
Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandella are not fictional and are major historical black figures for fighting oppression and for racial equality.

Yeah, we should get Ross Kemp to play Blade. He's a fictitious black character. :p

Getting a Black actor to play Bond (at least in my opinion), I really do not feel would match the character.

Having said that, I would not get into a huff and refuse to watch Bond if a black actor got the role because he was the best actor for the job. If someone wants to make an example and chooses someone for the role because he is black rather than the best actor for the part, then that is where it has gone horribly wrong.

For the record, a woman playing Doctor Who would be terrible (except in Comic Relief specials), a black actor playing Doctor Who would be fine.

Soldato
Apart from Bond being a white, misogynist, borderline psychopathic male in the books, Idris/random female sound perfect.

Bond is a white, Scots naval officer. You change that, and he's no longer Bond.

By all means come up with a female, or black, or gay spy. Make some films. I'm sure they could be quite watchable. But they won't be Bond.

Interesting quote:

if Gillian Anderson says she now 'identifies' as a a male, then that's OK, because gender is fluid and who are we to to challenge her perception of her sexuality and/ or gender. However, if Tom Hiddleston wanted to play Shaft, that would be cultural appropriation, making him a vile racist pig. But if ildris Elba wants to play Bond, that would be fine because he'd be breaking down racial stereotypes.

2jbaT6G.jpg

Soldato
I know you're just trying to elicit/provoke a response, however, i do agree with the recent MI movies been better than the recent Bond movies.

I have found all DC movies instantly forgettable.

Soldato
I'll have a little chuckle if Hiddleston has landed the villain...

There's a reasonable amount of evidence suggesting he's at least discussed a part in the new movie, and everyone seems to be assuming that part is James Bond.

Soldato
Apart from Bond being a white, misogynist, borderline psychopathic male in the books, Idris/random female sound perfect.

Bond is a white, Scots naval officer. You change that, and he's no longer Bond.

By all means come up with a female, or black, or gay spy. Make some films. I'm sure they could be quite watchable. But they won't be Bond.

Interesting quote:

2jbaT6G.jpg
They will change James bond to a black gay woman (Jane Bond) Similar to the real MI5 :D:D
Why Would it matter ?.

I dont think our choice will matter matter, It will be a unknow, unwanted choice like with daniel craig.

Also if James bond was black the only choice I have is Michael B. Jordan
1. He young 2. He can act 3. He can gain the look 4 he's not in a franchise that will be growing.

Last edited:
Soldato
I'll have a little chuckle if Hiddleston has landed the villain...

There's a reasonable amount of evidence suggesting he's at least discussed a part in the new movie, and everyone seems to be assuming that part is James Bond.

He will be the main villain, He did a good job with loki why not try a classic bond villain.

Soldato
I had really high hopes for Christoph Waltz as the villain and the set up of him being a master villain.

Although Waltz is an amazing actor (in my opinion) he was pretty underwhelming in Spectre - but i suppose you can only do so much with the material you are given.

Waltz had the potential to be the ultimate Bond villain, but was nothing more than a fart in the wind :(

Soldato
The new Ron, Hermione and their daughter, Rose Granger-Weasley:

7552XRq.jpg

If they can change the HP books and movies then it looks like Bond could be next!

Back
Top Bottom