The next Predator movie - Prey (2022 on Hulu)

Caporegime
Female lead will kill the predator with a lampost that an alien has pulled out of the ground and handed to her to use as a spear, and a dustbin as a shield

Soldato
I enjoyed the first film the second was much better the later ones you can pretty much keep honestly I like the idea but the basic premise of an alien race "on safari" with a bunch of inferior humans is a one trick pony that can only be flogged to death so many times unless theres some expansion on who/what/where they are/come from and why its pretty much a dead duck as far as I'm concerned.

Of course! It's not enough that 100lb females can beat up multiple full trained men in multiple movies over the years, now wommin can take on a predator in hand to hand combat :D

I thought you were talking about videogames there for a moment.

Soldato
OP
Thinking back to the trailer - The predator killing the bear from behind whilst it's busy doing something else is a very "non-predator" thing to do, there's no "honour" for the Yautja in that kill - very odd compared to the pre-existing lore.

Soldato
Thinking back to the trailer - The predator killing the bear from behind whilst it's busy doing something else is a very "non-predator" thing to do, there's no "honour" for the Yautja in that kill - very odd compared to the pre-existing lore.
She also can't beat a bear but will end up killing the predator - don't expect modern Hollywood to follow established lore/to make any sense.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's a straight to Hulu film for a franchise that was always cinema - Expect it to be an entertaining action horror. for home viewing without the need to know Predator lore/history.

Caporegime
Straight to streaming isn't really a negative any more though. Plenty of big films do that. It's not like the Predator series has ever been particularly high budget afaik.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
It's still going to be good and fun to watch, I just mean don't expect the returns some might expect with it finally being a new Predator film is all.

Soldato
There’s a new alien movie?!?
Was announced a few months back, Fede Alvarez to write/direct - i'm quite excited, I thought his take on Evil Dead was excellent and Don't Breathe was a tense horror movie as well. He'd definitely top a list of folk I think would get the Alien series back to where it needs to be.

Soldato
Just read this...

Per the streaming giant, "Prey will be available on Hulu entirely in Comanche as a language option, or with Comanche subtitles, which is the first time a feature-length movie on a direct-to-consumer streaming platform has been available in the Comanche language in its entirety."

Soldato
OP
Just read this...

I've read in a few places that there is a minor push-back from some Native Americans about this film disrespecting Comanche culture, where traditionally the Men are the Warriors, so to show them having to be saved by a woman (even a Comanche one) is being called a sign of disrespect to the Comanche Tribe so I wonder if things like this Language choice will placate the angry voices.

I mean TBF it's not much of a protest by any means, just a few dozen comments against the various teaser/trailers but I wonder it might get more vocal toward the release date.

Caporegime
This looks like some Mary Sue bobbins. In real life, the tribal elders/chief would have smacked the girl back into the Neolithic era for daring to go hunting/practice hunting skills when it was forbidden.

Ha. Have you seen the first movie?

Do you think a special forces team would have lugged a mini-gun through a jungle? Do you think the leader would put some C4 type explosives on a vehicle the guerilla fighters are using for power, lifted it up in full view of the camp and let it roll in to the camp to kill a few people? Do you think they would have used grenade launchers to blow up buildings they hadn't scouted out when they were supposedly on a rescue mission? The first movie is ridiculous but we give it a pass because its Arnie.

Back
Top Bottom