1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The **Now Drinking** Thread

Discussion in 'La Cuisine' started by Lysander, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Rojin

Soldato

I'll be honest, not really. I googled it and the label looks familiar... I can't say more than that though! I'm not a big beer drinker, generally just local brews and the odd raid on Tescos bottle shelf. I've resolved to try more though :)

2. Ahleckz

Capodecina

Ah yea, you're the local beer man which is cool. As I've said, multiple times, as long as people are prepared to try new stuff then I'm happy! It's people who stick to one brand or one type of beer and refuse to even sample something else.

I try to buy a new bottle of beer each time I go to the supermarket, however it's now getting very hard! I've tried basically everything I like, and all that is left is stuff I know I'm unlikely to enjoy (barrel aged stuff) or just bland sounding stuff. It's really hard to justify buying something that doesn't sound nice to me over something I know I enjoy. However, I'll continue it.

I'm just working through the slim remains of my haul from when I was in Belgium. I have a dream of buying an MX5 and driving through Benelux (and a bit of France) this summer. Stocking up on wine, beer, and all things nice. Though, I'm not sure if I should take my girlfriend or not. Without her, there'd be a lot of room in the seat for more booze! ;)

3. J1234

Capodecina

Champagne, no special occasion, just fancied some. Just a cheap NV Veuve Clicquot.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  4. jackthezipper

Wise Guy

I wasn't a huge fan of the rum finish Innis and Gun. Prefer the normal one.

I don't know if you can get many places now but they didn't a limited edition one that came in it's own box a while back. That was fantastic.

From the website they do a few limited edition ones. The one i had was a in a blue box but I don;t see it up there any more.

5. Skeptic

Mobster

I also didn't like the rum finish.

Glenfarclas 10y/o here.

6. Ahleckz

Capodecina

Having another of the Hoegaarden Grand Cru. Was going to crack a whisky but want to have another bash at this. It starts off meh but gets very good 1/3 of the way in.

7. IRLeetly

Mobster

Bottle of Kingfisher, was a good few of the tall 660ml lagers on offer at Tesco.

8. ~Mike~

Sgarrista

Had a Tangle Foot earlier, now on water.

9. vonex

Perma Banned

water!

10. GTO656

Mobster

Lucozade Original yum yum.

11. numatic.nathan

Hitman

Just had three Desperados at Wetherspoons and now I'm having a fruit shoot! :D

12. Anti-Chav

Mobster

I am drinking a bit a 'The Singlton.' 'Best Single Malt Whisky of Dufftown' got a 12 year sample...very nice...

13. Doctor McNinja

Hitman

There must be a blue moon out because I fancied a Mizuwari but I don't have any whiskey that I'm willing to sacrifice. I've ended up going with half a measure of Antica Formula Carpano and a measure of Remy Marin VSOP over ice, topped up with Schwepps ginger ale... all in all, meh.

[EDIT] THe more I drink of it, the better it tastes. Still not a Manhattan though.

Last edited: May 17, 2012
  14. J1234

Capodecina

El Gaitero Spanish Cider.

15. Skillmister

Capodecina

Cheap supermarket dry cider... Had a random urge for it and it's hitting the spot

16. Stan_Lite

Man of Honour

Having a glass of the Auchentoshan Silveroak I bought in Heathrow yesterday.

It's a very tasty 21yo that's been partly matured in sherry casks. It's pretty smooth (although it's bottled at 51.5% ABV so needs a touch of water) and pretty much as described on the label actually "Toffee and rich fruitcake". Very nice indeed.

Bought a bottle of 21yo Glengoyne as well so will be giving that a taste later. It's also partly matured in sherry casks. looking forward to that as well :D

17. Ahleckz

Capodecina

Lemonade, having a night off the booze.

See, I don't *always* drink!

@Stan - I hate bloody travel only releases! Grr.

18. bedazzled

Gangster

Robinsons orange juice :)

19. Stan_Lite

Man of Honour

I love 'em :D I've had some cracking travel only whiskies over my years of traveling.

The Glengoyne isn't a travel only - although it was quite a bit cheaper from the airport. Whisky Exchange has it at £82.49 while I got it for £70 at heathrow.

It's a decent whisky. Sherry and oak with a touch of spiciness. Slightly sweeter than the Auchentoshan.

Both good whiskies and worth the money (Auchentoshan was £80). I slightly prefer the Auchentoshan but there's not much in it.

All in all, pretty pleased with my choices :)

20. TheCenturion

Capodecina

Got 2 big bottles of Kingfisher for Saturday night :D

Never tasted Kingfisher before, but I like Cobra so I decided to go for it