The **Now Drinking** Thread

OH MY GOD.

I don't know why I listen to you guys.

Innis and Gunn Rum Finish. It's disgusting. Bleugh! I'll finish the bottle, but this thread collectively owes me £1.80.

Yet you rave on about punk IPA and other brew dog stuff? All those pizza crunch and deep fried mars bars have ruined your taste buds, would explain why the rest of the scotts say they like brew dog.

KaHn

Yet you rave on about punk IPA and other brew dog stuff? All those pizza crunch and deep fried mars bars have ruined your taste buds, would explain why the rest of the scotts say they like brew dog.

KaHn

The deep fried mars bar is from Aberdeen, and you can keep it! You're South Shields doesn't hide it. I'm also proud to say I've never had a pizza crunch. I've had another I&G Original and whilst I can see why people like it, it isn't a great beer. My dislike of rum probably explains why I didn't like the rum finish, that and the beer that went into the casks is horrible. :P I guess the stuff from The Broch is just too flavourful for your delicate palate sweetcheeks. :p

Sierra Nevada Torpedo, a proper beer.

Last edited:
The deep fried mars bar is from Aberdeen, and you can keep it! You're South Shields doesn't hide it. I'm also proud to say I've never had a pizza crunch. I've had another I&G Original and whilst I can see why people like it, it isn't a great beer. My dislike of rum probably explains why I didn't like the rum finish, that and the beer that went into the casks is horrible. :P I guess the stuff from The Broch is just too flavourful for your delicate palate sweetcheeks. :p

Sierra Nevada Torpedo, a proper beer.

Lol I moved here for work when I was 22 so the south shields thing is true but ignoring that, I want to ask you about the tactical nuclear penguin..... are you such a bew dog fan boy that you will argue that it tastes nice?

Like I have been subjected to by a few in the brew dog pub in Aberdeen. I'll drink pretty much anything and the brew dog is no exception as I go in the bar here quite a lot but still don't get why so many people rave on about it being the saviour of beer, i do like the idea they have but yet to find something which really stands out as a nice pint.

The rum cask thing is probably a good shout as I love rum :). As for my "delicate" palete, I'll stick to what I like :p (as I'm sure you will too :p - oh sierra nevada is a good shout btw)

KaHn

Lol I moved here for work when I was 22 so the south shields thing is true but ignoring that, I want to ask you about the tactical nuclear penguin..... are you such a bew dog fan boy that you will argue that it tastes nice?

Like I have been subjected to by a few in the brew dog pub in Aberdeen. I'll drink pretty much anything and the brew dog is no exception as I go in the bar here quite a lot but still don't get why so many people rave on about it being the saviour of beer, i do like the idea they have but yet to find something which really stands out as a nice pint.

The rum cask thing is probably a good shout as I love rum :). As for my "delicate" palete, I'll stick to what I like :p (as I'm sure you will too :p - oh sierra nevada is a good shout btw)

KaHn

I'm not a Brewdog fan at all, and I've commented on how I dislike the company, and the two owners some times before (I used to work for them, so have a bit of insider knowledge). I'm not actually sure if I ever drank the TNP, I had a few of the stronger stuff from the FV and the chiller but never bought any of the really strong stuff so can't really comment.
I like their normal range of beers. They are quite different to the majority of things that you can buy in supermarkets and much closer to America IPAs and the like which I love but hate paying £4+ a bottle for. It's just a different taste. I've said in this very thread many a time that I'm not a beer snob, and I have no problem with what beer people drink. All I ask is for people to try new beers and not stick to their usual for no reason (hence why I went out and bought a selection of Innis & Gunn). If they don't like them, that's fine - at least you've tried.

We've discussed Brewdog fans in the past I believe, and I agree that they are a strange bunch indeed. It's like a weird cult for some of them and I reckon they'd love anything that Brewdog came out with purely because it's them who make it. I'm not like that at all. I like their core range (though rapidly going off 5am Saint for some reason) because it tastes good, to me. No other reason.

I was just throwing some banter back at you! Glad you like the Pale Ale, seems everyone who has tried it likes it!

It's time for an ice cold...

20120715171041851.jpg

:D

Tesco Lager.

Bought the rum finish and the original Innes & Gunn today. Just chilling them and I'll have them later tonight. You can't say I'm not willing to change my view!

good man they are good ale my friend, wouldn't have chilled the orig myself though. each to there own.

edit actually either of them i wouldnt chill.

Back
Top Bottom