The **Now Drinking** Thread

Soldato
Goose Island Mild Winter Ale
IMG_20120803_004520.jpg

gorgeous nutty smooth warming ale. delicious richness with a malty body. very fine ale indeed, no bitterness to speak of but it suits the brew so well!

Associate
Fresh orange from a Zummo machine, it takes the orange's in spit's them with a blade them presses above a 'sieve', it's a commercial machine made in itaty that cost a lot. Popped into work with 'another sick note, they aways treat me & gf well, free drinks and homemade lasange with baby new pot's to heat up in nicrowave for tea :)

Soldato
It's a fine shop that one.

so glad i found it, nothing like his spread in any other shop, had a bit of a chat with the owner while i was there and he does appear to know his ales too which always makes the custome experience all the better. will be shopping there a lot more in the future!

flying dog raging bitch, 8.3%.... wow punchy punchy beer, dominating hoppy alchaholness with toasty bready malt, punches your tongue right into the corner!

Last edited:
Associate
so glad i found it, nothing like his spread in any other shop, had a bit of a chat with the owner while i was there and he does appear to know his ales too which always makes the custome experience all the better. will be shopping there a lot more in the future!

flying dog raging bitch, 8.3%.... wow punchy punchy beer, dominating hoppy alchaholness with toasty bready malt, punches your tongue right into the corner!

There is another shop over in Gosforth called Coppers I think and they have a nice but smaller selection.

I tend to get my stuff from The Bottle in York, it's like Rehills on steroids!

Getting a bit disheartened with the whole £3/£4 a bottle thing. It's miles better and there is no going back but it's just so expensive. My cooking lager costs £1.60 a bottle and the good stuff (Warrior IPA) just makes me feel bad after I've drank it..........stupid Craft Beer.

Tempest rocks by the way.

Soldato
yeh i didn't venture into the £3+ bracket just yet, got a little giddy when i got in there though. really should be more shops that sell this type of ale.

tempest you say eh, ill have to give it a go!

Last edited:
Soldato
flying dog wilde man farmhouse ipa. 7.5%.

comparing to the previous brews this is quite mild to what i was expecting, tasty well balanced crisp pineness, fantastic drink and by far my favorite of the trio!

Last edited:
Associate
unfortunatly tonite its just a 1/3 into the second bottle of cheap ass vodka ginger beer and lime .. need something a little diferent to try but cant find anything atm i like as much ..

Associate
yeh i didn't venture into the £3+ bracket just yet, got a little giddy when i got in there though. really should be more shops that sell this type of ale.

tempest you say eh, ill have to give it a go!

Brave New World is the one to go for if you like an IPA. They have it on in the Bacchus at the moment.

Back
Top Bottom