The **Now Drinking** Thread

Associate
I know. I lived in Jesmond for 3 1/2 years and was dismayed by the lack of decent pubs in the area. I had to walk miles to get a decent one. So glad I moved to Shields, there are quite a few good pubs here.

If you come through to the Maltings, you might want to try the Steamboat and the Alum House as well - they're both excellent real ale pubs. Give me a shout if you're coming through sometime and we could have a pint or two :)

I quite like the Steamboat but not tried the Alum house. Shall let you know the next time I go.

Associate
Tea.

Anyone in Glasgow. Just to let you know Williams Brothers now have there own bar. I knew it was in the pipeline but missed it opening.

It's called 'Inn Deep' and it's on or just off Great Western Road. Need to get myself down there :D. It does have beers other than Williams Brothers as well.

Soldato
Tea.

Anyone in Glasgow. Just to let you know Williams Brothers now have there own bar. I knew it was in the pipeline but missed it opening.

It's called 'Inn Deep' and it's on or just off Great Western Road. Need to get myself down there :D. It does have beers other than Williams Brothers as well.

It's umh... let's put this delicately... It's not great.

I like the beer, don't get me wrong, but the bar isn't very well laid out and it doesn't look good. After going down the 3 flights of bland, boring, stairs, you enter a medium sized circular tiled floored room with whitewash walls and a few uninspired tables cluttered around. Under an archway, you get the bar which is decorated with cheap, tatty, fairy lights. Sure, it's good that they have William Bro's on tap (and a few other nice beers on bottle) but it's not a particularly warm or inviting place to be. Plus, the bar maid that served me was a grumpy cow.
The only promise that I can see is that it seems to have a decent outdoor area which overlooks the river under Kelvinbridge. I'm unsure if they rushed to open for the end of Glasgow Beer Week, and are yet to complete (or start) decorating it, or if they are leaving it as it is. It would be a shame if they did.
It is though, to its credit, surprisingly cheap for the area.

Man of Honour
If anyone is in Brum and looking for a good selection of european beers and ciders I recommend popping into the post office vaults, it's just off the square with the fountain and town hall.
Brilliant little place and the bar men know their stuff.

Soldato
:( - was all excited.

It's a bit out of the way for me so it wouldn't have been a regular place anyway.

Sorry. Before I went up to Inn Deep, I had been in Brewdog which is an awesome bar and very well set up (we were drinking awesome beer whilst playing snakes and ladders). So I suppose that could have had a bearing on my opinion. But I really don't think much of Inn Deep. It's one of those places that doesn't know what it wants to be. Simply plonking a worktop and taps along a wall does not make a bar.

Caporegime
20121011172420375.jpg

:)

Soldato
Mmm, makes me want to go back and work for them. Free beer, straight out of the fermenter you say? Oh go on then.

Definitely not trying to make you jealous here :p

Meh, lots of perks from my job & my manager is good friends with the owner of Brewdog plus very familiar with lots of distillerys in Scotland :D

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I needed some white wine for mushroom risotto I'm making for dinner so had to open a bottle of Pinot Grigio. Only needed 75ml though so I'm having to drink the rest :p

Problem is, I'm having steak with the risotto so I've had to open a bottle of Rioja as well (which has been decanted and is breathing pending me actually getting off my fat arse and cooking the food :o).

I lead such a hard life :D

Back
Top Bottom