The **Now Drinking** Thread

Associate
Ooooh interesting! Wheres that from? I've had Artemi honey rum, made in Spain. Very nice stuff :)

Picked up a bottle of it in the duty free in Lanzarote. A good few places over there give you a shot of it with a round of drinks or after a meal so I had picked up the taste for it.

Haven't tried mixing it with anything yet.

Caporegime
Last edited:
Associate
I Haven't tried the honey bushmills, didn't even know there was one! Will definately keep an eye out for it.
The only honey finish whiskey I've tried is the Jura 10 year old and it was quite nice.

Have just opened my last bottle of Belfast Ale. Its not great, but its not bad.

Last edited:
Caporegime
I've heard others say this too - I really do need to try this!

I'm currently on diluting orange juice as I'm expecting to be driving tomorrow in an attempt to find an outlet in Scotland that sells a beer from New Zealand. :(

:eek::confused: You in the Beers of the world competiton?

EDIT: If so I've sent you details via Trust matey :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
I Haven't tried the honey bushmills, didn't even know there was one! Will definately keep an eye out for it.
The only honey finish whiskey I've tried is the Jura 10 year old and it was quite nice.

Have just opened my last bottle of Belfast Ale. Its not great, but its not bad.

Can't say Ive tried the Bushmills Honey myself but all in good time :)

Completely agree about the Belfast Ale, prefer the lager though to be fair not much in it.

Coffee before bed :)

Soldato
Had two pints of Hobgoblin (draft) before Skyfall and then a pint of Guinness afterwards. Good beer. Now just a glass of water before retiring to bed.

DJ - Yet to try that bramble IPA. Though I think that I actually have a bottle of it in my fridge I bought for her. She's off the booze, so I'll have it tomorrow night I think. Glad that you're enjoying their stuff.

Soldato
:eek::confused: You in the Beers of the world competiton?

EDIT: If so I've sent you details via Trust matey :)

Got your trust email and replied thanks DJ :)

Yeah I thought I'd participate, though I may well fall at the first hurdle given it's been raining all day here and I haven't left the house or made any attempt to try and find a New Zealand beer :(

On Topic - my first John Smiths today :cool:

Caporegime
Had two pints of Hobgoblin (draft) before Skyfall and then a pint of Guinness afterwards. Good beer. Now just a glass of water before retiring to bed.

DJ - Yet to try that bramble IPA. Though I think that I actually have a bottle of it in my fridge I bought for her. She's off the booze, so I'll have it tomorrow night I think. Glad that you're enjoying their stuff.

Yes very much so, and watch that Bramble Beastie as it sneaks up on you ;) 8.2% but goes down so easily :D

Got your trust email and replied thanks DJ :)

Yeah I thought I'd participate, though I may well fall at the first hurdle given it's been raining all day here and I haven't left the house or made any attempt to try and find a New Zealand beer :(

On Topic - my first John Smiths today :cool:

Not a problem matey I'll get your name added to the competition list :) Yeah you didn't pick an easy week to start but sure it's all a laugh and it will give you an idea for the next one ;)

Innis & Gunn for me :)

Can't type for toffee
Don
Monkey is trying to help me redeem myself...

trappe.JPG

Whats the stout?
My local sainsburgers doesn't have the stout I wanted anymore, didn't take a pic of the last bottle for the Z entry for the beer comp :(

Can't type for toffee
Don
Aaah I was tempted by that but after my last few "chocolate" branded ones was pretty dissapointed they were pretty poor, hows that one?

I just cracked open my "O" entry for the beer compo and I'm pleasantly suprised.
Nicer than the Trappe :eek: which seemed very watery and didnt seem to have much substance to it

Caporegime
Aaah I was tempted by that but after my last few "chocolate" branded ones was pretty dissapointed they were pretty poor, hows that one?

I just cracked open my "O" entry for the beer compo and I'm pleasantly suprised.
Nicer than the Trappe :eek: which seemed very watery and didnt seem to have much substance to it

Still making my mind up matey... that said it is improving with every sip. For sure it has a chocolately taste and also hard to believe texture upon the tongue, finishing with a hint of the alcohol content ;) Not one I'd drink a lot of but deffo will again... oh yeah I've another bottle too :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom