The **Now Drinking** Thread

Caporegime
How was it? Looks nice but I find them to be quite sweet at times already without the mention of treacle :D

Hi, sorry for late reply. Yes mate it was a tad sweet with strong caramel tones, though lovely to sit over while watching the fire :)

For now...

20121211164353388.jpg

:)

Soldato
Sonea, the American Budweiser and the above Budweiser are from two totally different countries and companies (though Anheuser Busch (the owner/brewer of American Budweisier) do have some marketing responsibilities for Budvar. Budvar is owned by a Czech brewery and AFAIK it's all made in Czech Republic.
The two companies have been in legal battles for ages.
Budvar is a really good beer though. Budweiser... Not so much.
I just cracked open a Tennent's. I should have a night off one of these nights...

Soldato
Thanks for the update and information there Ahleckz - I never knew that. The American Budweiser even after only one pint gives me a splitting sore head in the morning which is why I'd rather stick with John Smiths (my usual) of which I can happily drink *quite a few* ;)

I see from the label it's a Czech beer and thought it was different from the usual American gassy crap - found it while out hunting for my V Entry. ;)

// Edit - Enjoy your Tennent's dude :D

Capodecina
Soldato
OP
Grolsch. Decent staple beer.

The shops round here hardly do anything interesting. I miss the old Belgian brews, I'd have to get them delivered specially these days.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Being a Hoops fan I thought you'd be more of a fan of the monks toenails ;)

No offence meant - I'm not a fan of any football team at all here :p

Some of us are a tad more cultured ;)

I tried the stuff once. Had one mouthful and spit it back out - ghastly concoction :(

Absolutely no offence taken. As a hoops fan, I've had a lot worse thrown at me than a suggestion I might drink fortified wine :)

Soldato
Some of us are a tad more cultured ;)

I tried the stuff once. Had one mouthful and spit it back out - ghastly concoction :(

Absolutely no offence taken. As a hoops fan, I've had a lot worse thrown at me than a suggestion I might drink fortified wine :)

Lol - fair play Stan.

I've never actually tried the stuff myself (not :o in the slightest to admit that) Enjoy your wine buddy.

And back on topic:

I'm on my 4th John Smiths so far :)

Soldato
They served up Buckfast at a cheese & booze tasting event I went to earlier this year. Quite funny trying to discern the different tastes therein. I think the room agreed that it was awful.
I had a night on it once, we don't talk about that!

Soldato
Oh good god! Bucky served as something real people drink in polite company?!?!! :eek:

Had it once, regretted it long before the end of the evening.

Flat mate of mine in final year of uni used to love the stuff, she could down a bottle in one. She was a lesbian and very unattractive, Buckfast helped her...

Soldato
Only one option! Hoppy Christmas :) I've four in fridge :D

I tried it and to be honest I really was not a fan, I don't like christmassy beers. Although, the Delirium Christmas is very nice and 10% but I do prefer Delirium Tremens. Little Creatures is probably my all time favorite, I could drink it all day every day :p

2012-12-10231457.jpg

This was also very very good:

2012-12-08194439.jpg

As was this:

2012-10-18205913.jpg

...and these :p

2012-09-12151835.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom