The **Now Drinking** Thread

Caporegime
Had a couple of these last week and picked up another couple, a very refreshing pint indeed.

20121208160553740.jpg

Soldato
5am saint.Tried town for Christmas shopping but I think I had a breakdown on Buchanan street when locked in human cell by two prams, some stationary pensioners, and a family of what I assume must have been total morons given the could neither walk in a straight line or respond to a simple 'excuse me'. Been driven to drink. Love Christmas. Hate town at Christmas.

Bah humbug :p

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
In Brussels this weekend. Currently sat in the hotel bar. Had some Primus earlier - generic lager nonsense. Had some Leffe Brune, which was nice and malty with a hint of caramel. Perhaps a little on the sweet side but nice. Had a Chimay Blue after that which was nice and smooth - despite being 9%ABV. Now having a Hoegaarden Blanche. Nice (if, perhaps a little bland) wheat beer. Will probably finish off the evening with a Lagavulin, which they have here because of Ray, the Scottish barman.

Soldato
In Brussels this weekend. Currently sat in the hotel bar. Had some Primus earlier - generic lager nonsense. Had some Leffe Brune, which was nice and malty with a hint of caramel. Perhaps a little on the sweet side but nice. Had a Chimay Blue after that which was nice and smooth - despite being 9%ABV. Now having a Hoegaarden Blanche. Nice (if, perhaps a little bland) wheat beer. Will probably finish off the evening with a Lagavulin, which they have here because of Ray, the Scottish barman.

I cannot possibly stress enough how important it is for you to have a tripel karmeliet at least once whilst there.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
In Delirium Cafe now. Drinking a lovely dark, sweet beer with a slight chocolaty taste - almost a porter. I think the barman called it Baba. Had a taste of a very nice coffee stout as well. Will get a pint of that later. Think I'll have something a bit lighter in between though. Just had Pass the Duchy by Musical Youth playing :D

Associate
Now having a lovely dry, slightly fruity IPA with a 10%ABV kick. How come the Belgians do high ABV beers so much better than the Brits?

Don't think that's true anymore, was in the past but not now. We have some great Imperial Stouts and IPAs which are pretty strong. Sure it's better than Special Brew and the like but not our high quality stuff.

I think the Belgians are stagnating a little and will end up watching America and UK taking them over.

Back
Top Bottom