The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Typed all that and couldn't stretch for two extra 'n's? :p

I had turkey stir fry;
Turkey steaks marinated in ginger, garlic, soy, lemon juice, spring onion, sriracha
Onion, carrot, pepper, courgette, garlic, asparagus, pineapple (experiment), cashews
Some noodles.

Success.

Soldato
2 quarter pound cheese burgers, large fries and 2 large strawberry milkshakes... oink oink!

I don't think even I could have managed that much! :eek:

Having a healthy (ish) lunch today with home made stovies, buttered brown rolls and a ghost cake from my local bakers :p

SAM_1205.jpg

SAM_1206.jpg

Soldato
Just made and ate roast potatoes for the first time ever. Not bad actually! I used king edwards. I par boiled them for a bit longer than I intended. Was intending 5 minutes but did about 10 and they were starting to get fragile when I drained them. I used 'I can't believe it's not butter' :p to coat each of them (with my fingers), sprinkled some black pepper over them and roasted. I put the chicken in the same tin but crimped the baking paper in the middle to make a partition so that the chicken juice didn't swamp the spuds. Took me about an hour cooking before I decided it was about ready.

The potatoes tasted pretty nice, the marg spread added a nice flavour. Texture was nice and crumbly. The coating was 'ok' but wasn't crispy enough, but certainly not leathery either. I enjoyed them though! :)

I0oM1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom