The **Now Eating** Thread

Rest of my chicken, ham and lettuce sandwich

20121012203245618.jpg

:)

Just had a big plate of roast beef, brocolli, cabbage, roast potatoes and gravy. Slow cooked the beef for 3 hours, and it was great! Ate half of a 5 person bit of beef. :D

I jist got back from a restaurant I've never visited before, we have been put off in the past because it's very expensive but we got given a voucher for there so we got it on a great deal.

I had rabbit and crayfish ravioli with peas and broad beans and crayfish bisque, followed by 28 day aged fillet of beef with polenta and vegetable cake, Madeira jus, wild mushrooms and lobster ravioli, then to finish: chocolate and toffee fondant with milk and white chocolate terrine, orange ice cream in orange leather (which was strange... Kind of the texture of a fruit winder!) and caramel sauce. All for the princely sum of £22.50 with the voucher :-o

My other half had curried gressingham duck breast in filo pastry with a 'deconstructed' mango chutney, followed by venison and blackberry faggots, Savoy cabbage, parsnip and celeriac mash and red wine jus, followed by 3 cheeses with all the trimmings (from a selection of 15 cheeses.)

Fabulous meal. Would definitely go again.

I just got these for £1 each from my local farm shop; a proper ham salad sandwhich & a cheddar salad sandwhich, good lunch!

2012-10-13133952.jpg

Last edited:
I just got these for £1 each from my local farm shop; a proper ham salad sandwhich & a cheddar salad sandwhich, good lunch!

nice price and they look better than your average supermarket ones, were they reduced to clear or is that what they normally sell them for?

Back
Top Bottom