The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
You went to McDonald's and was disappointed with the food......hardly needed a crystal ball to predict that!

To this day, I still don't know why people eat at those sorts of places....crap food and it's not cheap! Some guys at work go over the road and get a few bits, they spend almost a tenner on burger, fries, drink and ice cream thing. £10!!

Soldato
Had lunch today at Two Fat Ladies in the City, in Glasgow. Excellent meal :)

qCPzo3.jpg

Starter was seared west coast scallops, smoked haddock cream and black pudding. I am a sucker for good scallops and they were really good with the black pudding :)

rc8TYP.jpg

Main was roast supreme of corn fed chicken, haggis and walnut crumb, carrot puree and funugreek jus, served with roasted vegetables. The haggis is hard to spot, but there was a generous amount of it hiding underneath the chicken. This was also really good! :D

tyHFbz.jpg

Dessert was caramel shortbread cheesecake with candied almonds. Pretty good, though they were a bit stingy with the candied almonds. Really could have done with more of those.

Soldato
Been a bit of a glutton today. Hotel breakfast at Hilton; fruit, fried, pastries.

First time to Dip & Flip, it was very good.

WmdoDCGl.jpg

This is the Dip and Flip burger plus slow cooked lamb. Along with regular fries and they serve everything with more gravy.

Associate
No pic..

I just had a McTasty with bacon.

It's been a while since I have been to McDonalds and I can safely say that I won't be going for a while. I was super busy today and thought I would try a burger as I'd seen stuff about the signature line (my local didn't have them) and thought I would give a burger a go.

It was awful. The meat was bland and floppy, there was too much filling in terms of salad and tomatoes that it fell apart the moment I tried to pick it up.

However, the red Leicester bites were really nice!
Yeah totally agreed, that McTasty burger is the worst burger they have ever made.

Soldato
Where you thinking? I work in the city centre and there's so many places it's unreal.

Well the other Two Fat Ladies for one. Also Iberica and Six by Nico. And the Grill on the Corner. Going there next week in fact. Taking my dad for lunch for his birthday.

I'm sure there's more. Those are just the ones I'm focused on right now.

Back
Top Bottom