The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
everyone go out and buy one of these now. It is exactly how you think a Magnum in a tub would be, and more.

It even has chocolate shards and nuts inside the ice cream on top of a layer of chocolate on top and the sides.
I got one of these at the weekend. I love Magnum ice creams and this did not disappoint. Rather pricey and less volume than a Ben&Jerrys or Haagen-Dazs but a nice dessert.

Soldato
Took my dad for a birthday lunch at the Grill on The Corner in Glasgow. First time dining there and was able to take advantage of a corporate perk with my work that gives me 40% off the food bill.

3gZDeC.jpg

Starter for me was roasted tomato and red pepper soup. It was... fine I guess. Portion was a little on the large side. Don't usually go for the soup option and on this occasion I kinda wish I hadn't.

WSXfpR.jpg

The place is mainly known for its steaks, so my dad had a tasty sirloin for his main. Have to admit it looked pretty good.

Jv7Gy1.jpg

My main was the steak sandwich with cheese, peppers, red wine jus and home cut chips. Not the best picture since the cheese is hiding all the steak and peppers, but it was pretty good. Glad I didn't have a full steak as I barely managed to finish this. We were both too full for dessert. Decent meal overall, but even with the 40% off I don't know if I'd be rushing back. I'm not really a big steak eater and there are still plenty of other places I'd rather try first.

Soldato
grill on the corner is an amazing place. got the tomahawk when it was on there last year. safe to say i had to take the rest home.

if you want to venture out the city try the coach house in bridge of weir. very nice place to eat.

Back
Top Bottom