The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Spent most of the weekend at MCM Scotland Comic Con. Probably spent a good £200 all in, on autographs, American and Japanese candy/drinks, a print of Billy Connolly drawn by Neil Slorance and of course... grossly overpriced convention food.

1ocy0u.jpg

£10 for a pepperoni pizza! It was actually quite nice to be fair, but no way was it worth £10.

etCiDz.jpg

And £7 for a hotdog with a choice of two toppings. I went with the gloopy cheese sauce and chilli. They also had bacon, grated cheese, jalapenos, chillis, onions, pickled gherkins etc. Also quite nice, though very messy.

Man of Honour
Spent most of the weekend at MCM Scotland Comic Con. Probably spent a good £200 all in, on autographs, American and Japanese candy/drinks, a print of Billy Connolly drawn by Neil Slorance and of course... grossly overpriced convention food.

1ocy0u.jpg

£10 for a pepperoni pizza! It was actually quite nice to be fair, but no way was it worth £10.

A single piece of pepperoni per slice? That's basically a margerita.. seems a bit stingy.

Jaw hurts....

With Dominos continuing to have a massive lack of decent offers, and the missus being away for two weeks I am introducing the Papa Johnses Deep 'Crust' Sauasage & Pepperoni! The new crust is very 'airy' with pockets everywhere but isn't that 'deep'. I was foolishly hoping for Chicago Deep pan pie like pizza :o

Edit: PJ acted on my complaint about this semi burnt pizza and gave me a code for a free one today :)

fcc7xQ9.jpg

That's pretty decent to get a free pizza. That one looks fine as-is to me, although I do like them on the crispy side. Nice to know I can maybe get a free one in future :p

Associate
It was my Fiancees birthday so we went for a bite to eat to a local place weve been wanting to try.

Starter
Black Pudding, poached egg and melted onions
Charcuterie board
tI5NwO4.jpg

Main
Surf and Turf: Flat iron steak with monkfish cheeks and peppercorn sauce
Fried chicken steak
qbdtI4P.jpg

Dessert
Kinder-Kat cake (Kinder Bueno and Kitkat)
Millionaire's tart
UW0RQZW.jpg

Soldato
A single piece of pepperoni per slice? That's basically a margerita.. seems a bit stingy.
That's pretty decent to get a free pizza. That one looks fine as-is to me, although I do like them on the crispy side. Nice to know I can maybe get a free one in future :p

Before the missus gets back this weekend, I just used the PJ code for a Medium Saususage & Pepepperoni. I truly give up - I think my branch aren't looking after their ovens or they've hired a clown for the cook. I'll stick to Dom's in future, should they do offers.

9A0Z8sj.jpg

Soldato
Another little day out in Glasgow today. Wasn't in the mood for burgers or anything like that today, so decided to go Japanese instead.

Ogt7Id.jpg

Had a really nice Bento box. Had chicken teriyaki, prawn and veg tempura, calafornia rolls, 3 pieces of assorted nigiri, rice and a bowl of miso soup, which I forgot to take a pic of.

7jj25D.jpg

Had the mango pudding for dessert. Very light and fruity. A nice little palate cleanser :)

5Tmns7.jpg

Happened to pass a place called Deesserts after that. A woman at my work is always going on about it. They do all kinds of desserts. Cakes, ice cream sundaes, hot cookie dough, crepes, milkshakes, etc etc. Was too full for most of it. I wasn't even going to go in, but they had a frozen Coke or Fanta drink advertised and that peaked my interest. Really nice. I also got a couple of scoops of ice cream while I was there, cherry mania and blue bubblegum :D

Soldato
Was out with a group of friends to see the new Kingsmen movie at the Silverburn shopping centre. We went for dinner afterwards to Thaikun.

BGD9pG.jpg

My starter was Moo Dad Deow, pork strips marinated with palm sugar, coriander, pepper and soy sauce, deep fried with a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Really tasty. Nice little spicy dip with it too :)

j2R0rV.jpg

Main was Guay Tiew Phad Sie Eiew, wide rice noodles stir fried with beef strips, with choi sum leaves in a soy and oyster sauce. This was also really tasty :D

PVBFfT.jpg

And for dessert I had Thai Bounty, a chocolate fondent with coconut ice cream. Good finish to the meal :)

bJN

bJN

Soldato
I do like Thaikun, been to the one in Oxford a couple of times. Just always leave feeling like I've overpaid for the food though... Still, incredibly tasty!

Soldato
After some laser tag pew pew pew's with friends, we went out to Nana's in Watford last night but I failed to get pics. We followed up with visiting Kasper's for a late night treat. I could barely handle this lovely beastie though!

Vl3tBKw.png

Back
Top Bottom