The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Food looked good until I saw your long, unhygienic nails. :(

Seriously? I'm offended you wrote that. My nails grow fast, they have since I've been a little kid. My mum used to say my fingernails were more like a girls than a boys (she didn't mean that as an insult btw). I trim them back often, but I don't like them being too short. And I don't think their "unhygienic". I shower daily and wash my hands at appropriate times. Long does not equal unclean.

Soldato
That has to be contender for the most random post of 2017:p I'm in tears here, I hope you were drunk when you posted this!

Bit tipsy. :p

Seriously? I'm offended you wrote that. My nails grow fast, they have since I've been a little kid. My mum used to say my fingernails were more like a girls than a boys (she didn't mean that as an insult btw). I trim them back often, but I don't like them being too short. And I don't think their "unhygienic". I shower daily and wash my hands at appropriate times. Long does not equal unclean.

Sorry, didn't realise you were that sensitive. I personally think it's disgusting but if you're happy then no worries. :)

Soldato
bfctlZ.jpg

Got to try the beef chilli nachos today. Used one of those freebie cards, so only paid £1 for a drink. Was really tasty. Good chilli and plenty of other stuff with it. Could have maybe used a bit more cheese, but that's a minor quibble at best :)

Dark Chocolate Digestives but these new "thin" type.

The old thick type were superior IMO.

The milk chocolate ones were OK, but I found that after 2-3 on the bounce you could taste a really strong artificial sweetener type taste. For someone who can eat half a pack of chocolate digestives on the bounce, this is a real "elbows too pointy, WNB" type situation for me.

Caporegime
bfctlZ.jpg

Got to try the beef chilli nachos today. Used one of those freebie cards, so only paid £1 for a drink. Was really tasty. Good chilli and plenty of other stuff with it. Could have maybe used a bit more cheese, but that's a minor quibble at best :)

EAT does nice grub, used to be my go to place at lunch. I used to just get the soup and bread and get a stamp. I would get an order with my colleague at the same time so it only takes me a week to get a card filled. Then it's time for Pie and Mash!!! Once the card is filled you can get any hot meal at any size.

Associate
Waitrose had sausage meat for 70p last night, as I ducked in to grab some chicken stock cubes.

I made some puff pastry and made sausage rolls!

They're super.... bland.

Oh well, can't win 'em all.

Soldato
Not tonight but last night - Had to be at Hospital at 5.00pm for eye tests - so after having those drops that dilate your eyes said to wife we will go for a meal as near to hospital as we can till my eyes get back to normal - She doesn't like driving in dark.

Found a Beefeater near by - OMG - it was packed at 7.00 - Very expensive for crap food. - Only outstanding part was waitress had the most perfect set of teeth I have seen for ages and her smile lit up her face - The small tip was for the smile.

Associate
Very interesting - tell me more :)

Did you cook the egg yolk and white separately? It looks very different to anything I've made with egg/sous-vide before.

Apologies I should have described it better. The Duck was cooked Sous Vide and the eggs were fried!

The albumen is white, which means it is cooked. The yolk is overdone because it is starting to solidify and go powdery and a paler yellow colour.

I'd rather have snotty uncooked albumen than powdery yolk, so my eggs are usually slightly under.

I admit the Yolk was a bit more done than I would have liked, it was weird there was a strip down the middle of the yolk that was overdone but the sides were perfectly runny.

Thanks for the comments, it wss really nice. The Syrup from the candied jalapenos was also very good drizzled on.

Man of Honour
bfctlZ.jpg

Odd question, but never having had nachos of this manner before, how do you eat them? They look messy.

Back
Top Bottom