The **Now Eating** Thread

What the hell have Heinz done to their cream of chicken soup?

I used to love it when I was younger. Creamy, chicken, bits of chicken. Loved it. Now it’s literally the colour and texture of custard with hardly any flavour and no chicken bits at all. Revolting. Think I’ll try Baxter’s next time.

I thought exactly the same last week!

I bought the four pack the other day. Heinz used to have chicken bits and as you say, its like custard. Yet more cost cutting for an inferior product, and still the price goes up. :(

The pork looks epic. :eek:

I used to love it when I was younger. Creamy, chicken, bits of chicken. Loved it. Now it’s literally the colour and texture of custard with hardly any flavour and no chicken bits at all. Revolting. Think I’ll try Baxter’s next time.

This one is rather good! Been getting it for lunches this past while.

A7uKy0xm.jpeg

Removed all the chicken and replaced it with thickened water?

• Water,
  • Chicken (3%),
  • Modified Cornflour,
  • Rapeseed Oil,
  • Cream (Milk),
  • Dried Skimmed Milk,
  • Wheat Flour (contains Calcium, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin),
  • Flavourings,
  • Milk Proteins,
  • Cornflour,
  • Salt,
  • Yeast Extracts,
  • Onion Extract,
  • Stabiliser - Polyphosphates and Sodium Phosphates,
  • Garlic Salt,
  • Spice Extracts,
  • Colour - Beta-Carotene

Throwing my full english into the ring since i've crititcised above. The downside is that i had a pile of white thick warburtons on the side and i seem to have developed an intolerance to it because my stomach has been in bits ever since :(

GetAttachmentThumbnail

Throwing my full english into the ring since i've crititcised above. The downside is that i had a pile of white thick warburtons on the side and i seem to have developed an intolerance to it because my stomach has been in bits ever since :(

GetAttachmentThumbnail
I’d lose the toms, but it looks decent.

You guys should really try a higher quality egg though. All the eggs I see on here have pale, thin yolks and a squidgy looking white.

I suggest some Clarence Court Burford Browns. Once you’ve tasted that super tasty orange, creamy yolk and firm white, you’ll never go back.

Agreed, we usually get decent organic eggs from Waitrose but had ran out so i ended up having to pick up the above from the local Premier shop :( The plus side was i seemed to cook them perfectly getting that crisp underneath that i don't always achieve.

We don't usually have the toms but fancied a change, i'm sure some people would prefer more beans, but i'm not a fan of them. I sometimes think i'd like to keep some black pudding in the freezer to have for myself as the wife won't have it.

The Sausages and Bacon are both awesome too, bought from this butcher where we get chicken from. I've had better but the value is awesome and free local delivery.
https://yourbutcheruk.co.uk/

Back
Top Bottom