The **Now Eating** Thread

Eyes down

HBF5q9X.jpg

1st attempt at making Focaccia

I would have liked larger bubbles but i think i needed to prove it longer and fold it more to develop the gluten. Overall though, hands down the best bread ive made, so soft, moist, springy yet fluffy inside with a crisp and savoury exterior. You can really taste the olive oil and the salt plus it even tastes a little sweet to me even though there is no sugar in it at all. The saltiness and seemingly sweet taste works really well. Would definitely make this again considering how low effort it is

Pre oil and poking

IGF2ytZ.jpeg

Baked

EFEayCp.jpeg

Cross Section

HniNqV1.jpeg

Yes it was very tasty I'm not a fan of beef burgers but it was very good. Shame Maccies in UK is not a patch on this

I'm in Ghent at the moment
I googled that burger and it showed that Ireland McDonald's sell it, so I thought that's where you were haha.

Edit: apparently it was on sale in the UK too last year.

Last edited:
It’s back in the uk on Wednesday apparently
I don't remember it being on the menu last year, mind you I rarely go into McDonald's. It's total crap, expensive, low quality and now due to the influx of the delivery stuff (Uber eats, deliveroo, just eat etc) it's got even worse, the times that I have ordered from those the foods turned up cold and nasty. Also going into a restaurant and ordering you're waiting for 20 mins as they always prioritise the delivery stuff first. The times I've been in there I've seen so many Uber riders waiting for orders, not to mention so many staff in the kitchen and till area. It's gotten out of control and they just can't handle it.

Review of that burger:

I don't remember it being on the menu last year, mind you I rarely go into McDonald's. It's total crap, expensive, low quality and now due to the influx of the delivery stuff (Uber eats, deliveroo, just eat etc) it's got even worse, the times that I have ordered from those the foods turned up cold and nasty. Also going into a restaurant and ordering you're waiting for 20 mins as they always prioritise the delivery stuff first. The times I've been in there I've seen so many Uber riders waiting for orders, not to mention so many staff in the kitchen and till area. It's gotten out of control and they just can't handle it.

Review of that burger:

I had it last year. Didn’t like the sauce, found it very sickly. I’m very much a standard Tom, mustard, big mac sauce fan. I like the mayo they use in the chicken burgers too

I had it last year. Didn’t like the sauce, found it very sickly. I’m very much a standard Tom, mustard, big mac sauce fan. I like the mayo they use in the chicken burgers too
Yeah I'm the same, love their onions too I always add extra of each of those when I do get it. if I am going chicken I always get extra mayo and add a cheese slice.

Wife had crispy chicken burger which had a lovely sauce on it like a mix between Mayo and Friet sauce.
Yeah I like a McCrispy. Getting to the point with the crispy, spicy, sandwich, wraps etc, that I’m starting to prefer their chicken burgers over the beef ones. Not so greasy either, my stomach seems to tolerate them better

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom