The **Now Eating** Thread

Man of Honour
Hold your fire!
from checking that thread again on hotUKdeals it seems no one other than the OP has received an email with news of this offer, theres no mention of it on their menu/facebook/twitter/t&c's etc..
Dont order just for the freebie as you might be left disappointed

Cheers for this. I looked into it further and also can't find anything to suggest I'll actually get the points. Shame :/

Soldato
Tesco (part baked) white baguette w/ chicken, bacon, kale and cucumber.
An orange.
Bag of mini-chedders.
Standard lunch really (except for the Bacon, but thats the last of it now), plus a whey protein shake w/ milk.

Not sure if I've ever had Kale before but I was browsing this section yesterday at work and remembered seeing some at Tesco. Not quite what I expected when I had a big handful on my salad last night but its ok. Also had Celery for the first time in ages too!

Bar

Bar

Soldato
for a savoury snack Kale crisps are epic - lightly toss in some olive oil, sprinkle of sea salt and into the oven for about 5 minutes until crispy.

Bar

Bar

Soldato
Totally going to have to try that. Sounds awesome. Oven at highest or a lower temperature?

From an online recipe place that I am sure the wife uses when making them:

1. Preheat an oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
  2. With a knife or kitchen scissors, carefully remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite size pieces. Wash and thoroughly dry kale with a salad spinner. Drizzle kale with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning salt.
  3. Bake until the edges brown but are not burnt, 10 to 15 minutes

Soldato
Good stir fry material as well.

Aye thats what I'll be trying tonight. Get back from climbing around 9, got some long grain rice in the fridge from this morning for Egg Fried Rice, chuck some Kale, Celery and maybe one of those Pea/Sweetcorn/Carrot steam bag mixes you can get in with it. Bought a nice piece of salmon from the tesco counter last night with a knob of peppercorn butter.

Something a little different and probably far too healthy!

I normally use Rapeseed Oil but after reading some comments here I'm tempted to try Coconut Oil.

for a savoury snack Kale crisps are epic - lightly toss in some olive oil, sprinkle of sea salt and into the oven for about 5 minutes until crispy.

I did see mentions of that when I was looking at the article on them. May have to try it.

Soldato
FrenchTart let your raw kale marinate in an acidic dressing and it'll soften up a bit.

I make a kale salad every now and then with pomegranate seeds, roasted sunflower seeds, tangerine sections and a olive oil/lemon juice dressing. Give it a try! :)

Otherwise if you saute it with garlic it makes a good side also.

Man of Honour
FrenchTart let your raw kale marinate in an acidic dressing and it'll soften up a bit.

I make a kale salad every now and then with pomegranate seeds, roasted sunflower seeds, tangerine sections and a olive oil/lemon juice dressing. Give it a try! :)

Otherwise if you saute it with garlic it makes a good side also.

Noted. I will try all of these things. Kale is awesome :)

Back
Top Bottom