The **Now Eating** Thread

Man of Honour
:D

Just had roasted pork belly for dinner. Am way under my calorie allowance today. Hmm, perhaps I'll have ice cream and some chocolate for dessert? :D :D

Pork belly sounds pretty tasty. Ice cream and chocolate dessert sounds even better :D

I just spent about a billion hours (slight exaggeration) trimming some beef ribs so they can go in the sous-vide for 48 hours before smoking for eventual eating on Saturday. As much as I love it I'm starting to feel I spend far too much time cooking food.

Soldato
I'm starting to feel I spend far too much time cooking food.
That's how I feel. I normally get home around 6.30, start cooking at 7 and finish around 10. But that's cooking dinner and preparing next day's breakfast and lunch.

FrenchTart and pinkowl, what's your myfitnesspal username? Can I add you on there? Curious to see what other people eat and see if I can get some ideas for my meals. I'm getting kinda sick of chicken and veg all the time :o

Man of Honour
That's how I feel. I normally get home around 6.30, start cooking at 7 and finish around 10. But that's cooking dinner and preparing next day's breakfast and lunch.

FrenchTart and pinkowl, what's your myfitnesspal username? Can I add you on there? Curious to see what other people eat and see if I can get some ideas for my meals. I'm getting kinda sick of chicken and veg all the time :o

Aekeron is my MFP username. More than welcome to add :)

That said, as I mentioned in the other post, my logging is sometimes a little rubbish. If you add me I'll try and include some more detailed stuff for at least a while so there's something interesting/useful in there.

edit: My exercise logging may look a little odd but a lot of the time I log my cycling as 1 minute per mile and 40 kcal per mile. This is due to my attempts to use automatic kcal calculation failing. I've just taken a fairly basic approach to that side of things. Clearly I'm being a bit paranoid about how my data looks :p

Last edited:
Associate

Im not actually using it as I found my website easier to use as its what Ive used before :) but I will more than happily post more of what I do for dinners on here! And the calories per portion.

Soldato
Aekeron is my MFP username. More than welcome to add :)

That said, as I mentioned in the other post, my logging is sometimes a little rubbish. If you add me I'll try and include some more detailed stuff for at least a while so there's something interesting/useful in there.

edit: My exercise logging may look a little odd but a lot of the time I log my cycling as 1 minute per mile and 40 kcal per mile. This is due to my attempts to use automatic kcal calculation failing. I've just taken a fairly basic approach to that side of things. Clearly I'm being a bit paranoid about how my data looks :p
MFP fweiinndds! :D don't worry about the data, I won't/try not to judge you ;) my diary looks a bit messy as I like to weigh and add each ingredient separately to ensure my calorie intake is as accurate as possible.

Im not actually using it as I found my website easier to use as its what Ive used before :) but I will more than happily post more of what I do for dinners on here! And the calories per portion.
Ahh ok! Yes please post more of your meals so I can steal some ideas :p

Man of Honour
MFP fweiinndds! :D don't worry about the data, I won't/try not to judge you ;) my diary looks a bit messy as I like to weigh and add each ingredient separately to ensure my calorie intake is as accurate as possible.

You won't try not to judge me? I'll consider myself judged :p

I completely understand your approach and that's exactly what I used to do. It's only utter laziness that has moved me to be more..well..lazy ;) I'll probably do something similar to pinkowl and post some recipes regularly - with some equivalent logging in MFP matched alongside.

Soldato
I drooled at Benny's meal. HNNNG.

I'm on MFP as randomshenans. I average things a lot, so might estimate a cup etc (damn US measurements) bla but mostly try and work it out.

I don't go properly weighing though, it's more of a guide to make me think, don't eat that fatty. :p

10899034_323362724525309_151898713_n.jpg

We had these the other day. Courgette noodles! They were awesome and obviously better choice than noodles.

Man of Honour
Gawd. I really need to pay attention to my alcohol intake when I'm stuck cooking in the kitchen for two hours...

Confirmed your friend request randomshenans :)

Also, courgette noodles are pretty awesome. Courgette anything is awesome as long as you don't boil it to death like my friend seems to like to :s

edit: Definitely hungover. Might have some greasy bacon breakfast...

Last edited:
Associate
P1150134.JPG

Had my dinner at lunch time so here is a picture :) Stuffed pepper and tomato with rice and bolognese type sauce in them (and cucumber because I love cucumber). About 433Kcal or 317kcal without the cheese on top. Very boring but tasty.

Soldato
Currently nomming these (so yummy!! :eek:) while I try and figure out what to make for dinner tonight. I'm restricted to eating soft/mushy/liquidy foods today. Don't really fancy soup or porridge though :o

kKhNgnvl.jpg

Man of Honour
Currently nomming these (so yummy!! :eek:) while I try and figure out what to make for dinner tonight. I'm restricted to eating soft/mushy/liquidy foods today. Don't really fancy soup or porridge though :o

How about something like sautéed/puréed sweet potato with (currently I'm a bit obsessed) roasted balsamic vine tomatoes and perhaps some kind of fish, assuming that would be soft enough?

Man of Honour
Kale pizza also! Seem to recall Kenji has a good recipe :)

I (well, a friend) actually tried that recently and wasn't that impressed. They didn't really stick to Kenji's recipe though and I think that was their downfall.

I will get round to it myself sometime, probably after I make the SeriousEats spinach lasagne which I guess means it falls into the category of "one day" :p

Soldato
I'm going to have to ask kindly to invite MisChief round to cook, her meals are fantastic!
Umm thanks :p but I'm really not that great a cook!

How about something like sautéed/puréed sweet potato with (currently I'm a bit obsessed) roasted balsamic vine tomatoes and perhaps some kind of fish, assuming that would be soft enough?
I was going to have mashed sweet potato, but I've just had a microwaved sweet potato as a snack so I'm not going to have it again tonight!

I'm thinking of making this - but make it my own way and change some of the ingredients.

8bfhhe5l.jpg nZGY190l.jpg

Associate
P1150150.JPG

As I had dinner at lunch time I'm now having lunch at dinner time. 2 slices of rye bread with a lot of salad, cucumber and tomato + ham and egg.
Fromage frais with blueberries as a pudding, no extra sugar :)

Back
Top Bottom