The **Now Eating** Thread

far too many healthy dishes being posted in the last couple of days,
might have to nip round the McDrive-through to redress the balance ;)

Just finished a late test = free takeaway so I've done a little myself there :p

Normally get an Indian from the place across the road, fancied Chinese today so went for spring rolls, egg fried rice, lemon chicken. Got the second half of the rolls/rice and a chicken in black bean sauce for tomorrow :D

Big Tasty with bacon, medium fries and a double cheeseburger
i forgot just how big the Big Tasty really is, there was no need for the cheeseburger on the side lol

315ziq8.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good. How many kcal? :)

Tub = 902cals / 42f / 120c / 10p

One of the very few ice creams that really is 'loaded' when it says so.

DZBriQh.jpg

You can get 480-500ml tubs of dairy icecream in the region of 550-900 calories all with varying macros.

Ben & Jerries / Haagen Dasz will be anywhere in the region of 1,100 - 1,300 with 50/80f.

Froyo by comparison will come in around 380-450 cals for a ~ 500ml tub with considerably less fat content 10/20g. (30g in the case of Ben & jerries / 850 cals).

Last edited:
Really useful information, thanks :)

Quite looking forward to having the kcal and macros to be able to eat a tub of the stuff as part of my 'regime' :p

One a week is a nice 'allowance'.

I've done two and on occasion 3 but the excitement of it being a treat wears off and it just feels like a chore :p also not a good source to be getting your fats from that regularly.

Ah Benny you're killing me here.

Cheat meal tomorrow so I'm gonna squeeze in a tub of B&J into my allowance. Do you make the protein brownies yourself?

If it fit's it's not a cheat :) There is no need to 'cheat'. Cheating indicates a diet you can't adhere to and therefore doesn't work.

Be flexible in your approach to food (see Flexible Dieting) no single food is predisposed for fat or weight gain anymore than any other.

Yep. The_Beltsander on Instagram has the original recipe which I have tweaked numerous times for my own special batch.

They come out around 180 calories. For what they are they're great, on the scale of all time brownie greatness they'll be towards the bottom but compliment ice cream really well.

Tis a tasty burger indeed. Not tempted to try the McRib?

i was almost tempted to get some nuggets instead of the dbl chs brgr, how much does yours charge for them?
at my local they are £2.69 for 6, £2.79 for 9, or £3.79 for 20
as im a sucker for getting my moneys worth it wasnt long before i was eyeing up the box of 20 :p but thought theres no way id eat them all so settled with the dbl chs brgr @ £1.49 :)

One a week is a nice 'allowance'.

I've done two and on occasion 3 but the excitement of it being a treat wears off and it just feels like a chore :p also not a good source to be getting your fats from that regularly.

Yeah...I don't think I would enjoy having them too frequently but it has been quite some time since I've had a tub of ice cream. Partially because I'm a bit fussy about leaving a tub half-opened in the freezer. That was always my excuse for eating an entire one at once previously at least :p

Eating 1000 calories of ice cream, out of my 1800 calorie allowance would have me very hungry for most of the day :o I'm losing weight (and strength :() but I think it may be too low anyway.

I miss eating everything in sight and collecting my gains :o

Edit: Found a calorie calculator thing, at 6 foot 1, 105kg, and resistance training 5 times a week it puts me at 2800 calories a day to lose weight? Surely not?

Last edited:
Eating 1000 calories of ice cream, out of my 1800 calorie allowance would have me very hungry for most of the day :o I'm losing weight (and strength :() but I think it may be too low anyway.

I miss eating everything in sight and collecting my gains :o

Edit: Found a calorie calculator thing, at 6 foot 1, 105kg, and resistance training 5 times a week it puts me at 2800 calories a day to lose weight? Surely not?

Doesn't sound wrong. Steedie's huge Diet thread in the Sports Arena gave a couple of calculations that I tried out. Just to 'exist' I came out with something like 1800 with the first calculation and around 1950 with the 'more accurate' one (I got Body Fat taken with some set of scales during our last company EHS day, I very much doubt its accuracy...). Multiply it by 1.4 because I guess I'd rate myself on the higher side of Lightly Active (its really hard to say) and I came out with needing around 2800 cal per day. Given your size/weight you may even be well under at 2800.

Of course, that's why you'd fill the remainder of your day with high volume high satiety foods. Personally on such a low calorie intake having over half your calories coming from a moderately empty nutritional source isn't advisable on the regular. Stick a scoop or two in a cone and it'll be about 2/300 calories.

Trial and error. Online calculators are always massively over or under. Much like when you first set up MFP, just because it spits out a number you might quite like doesn't mean it's true unfortunately!

The type, duration and intensity of your training will all come in to play too. As will your activity levels outside of the gym. You could train only once or twice a week but walk/cycle miles to work and need more calories than someone who trains 5 days a week but is very sedentary (desk job, drives everywhere) outside of the gym.

Last edited:
Thanks Benny, I've just started reading the macros and calories thread in SA, need to get clued up on this.

I'm good with getting bigger and stronger, but getting shredded is not me forte!

Back on track with the thread though - 200g chicken, 150g Brown rice, green beans and so much hot sauce I can't taste anything - My favourite :D

Back
Top Bottom