The **Now Eating** Thread

Caporegime
I think I'd struggle with this (I'm a bit weird about food that is mostly white-coloured for some reason) but looking at the kcal content on MFP it's impressively low :eek: Decent amounts of protein too.

It's mostly water content and yup, great for protein !

I love the stuff but very difficult to cook without it turning it into mush !

Associate
I didnt take a picture but I made another childhood favourite today for dinner. Cabbagerolls. They were filled with lambmince, onion, rice and the lefover cabbage that was too small for wrapping. They were ok but next time I will use pork+beef mince as its the real taste rather than lamb and a teeny bit more syrup (only put a little as wanted low calorie). And also bigger cabbage would be nice but those supermarket ones are always so small..
Got few leftover for tomorrows lunch so might add picture then :D

Soldato
Extra firm tofu is great, I tend to press it and leave it to dry a bit, shallow fry in a skillet until crisp and browned, then a sprinkle of kosher salt on top. Think I may have that tonight with some sambal matal dip actually :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Scrambled egg on some low carb bread.
Was so close to ordering about 6000C from dominos.
Just three quality streets have started food cravings off.

Soldato
Chocolate is dangerous! Are you on MFP Glaucus?

Currently eating prawn layered salad again. I'm gonna have to start thinking of some new lunch ideas soon....

Man of Honour
I have a habit of snacking on 90% dark lindt chocolate squares. I probably eat far more than is healthy but I do find that they're rich enough that they stave off most snacking desires for a while.

They're also great just before/after working out - sugar for the win.

Man of Honour
Ribs dry rubbed and then some franks hot sauce over the top was epic. Normally cook them for hours. But only 90mind at 4.75gas mark and they were great, pulled off bone, but still with resistance to bite and aubergine parmigiana on the side.

And yeah I'm on mfp but don't share anything,

Associate
I bought 2 whole rainbow trouts the other day and am planning to cook them this week. Now the question is should I cook them whole or fillet and also what else to do with them. Not too sure as ideally I would love them smoked but that isnt possible :(

Back
Top Bottom