The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
10838811_789669794444496_1306218236_n.jpg

Cottage cheese, chilli sauce and chicken. MMMmmmm

Soldato
marv, how do you cook your naan bread? it always looks a little dry if you dont mind me saying,
when i cook ones like that from the supermarket, i splash some water over the top of it and cover it in foil for ~4-5 mins, then remove the foil for the final minute, and it comes out steeming and doughy like fresh bread but with a crispy underside

I used to microwave them for 30 seconds then put them under a grill just to get a bit of colour but the microwave broke ages ago and i've not bought another one. :(

Currently have to do them in the oven. I've tried all sorts like putting a glass of water in there to keep it from drying out but i'll sprinkle on some water next time I have one and see how that goes.

Associate
I got that role so now im celebrating it with Papa Jonhs! Im having olives, feta, pineapple and tomato on mine. Its well deserved as Ive been trying to get a role like this for almost a year! :D

Associate
Thanks! Its apprenticeship in administration and business with quite exciting role description, better than any other I've seen :) will be 18 months and then if Im good will be offered a permanent position at the end.

Man of Honour
I'm not a fan of pineapple on pizza myself but I see how it could work with blue cheese (which I also don't really like but the two would play off against each other well I imagine).

I'm not eating it yet but I have a giant steak in the sous vide. It will be served with potato dauphinoise, asparagus, caramelised balsamic onions and roasted tomatoes (did I mention I'm obsessed?:p).

Man of Honour
Pineapple is great on crap pizza bases, Ie dominos, shops etc. Bases are so heavy and dry the juiciest of pineapple helps cut through it.

Didn't finish my entire roast chicken.

Man of Honour
Please excuse the poor picture. I was kind of in a rush to eat :p

TEgC7Qn.jpg

To recap: Giant steak sous-vided @ 56C. Roasted vine tomatoes, caramelised balsamic onions, sautéed asparagus and potato dauphinoise. Seriously tasty :)

Soldato
Please excuse the poor picture. I was kind of in a rush to eat :p

http://i.imgur.com/TEgC7Qn.jpg[img]

To recap: Giant steak sous-vided @ 56C. Roasted vine tomatoes, caramelised balsamic onions, sautéed asparagus and potato dauphinoise. Seriously tasty :)[/QUOTE]Wow that looks yum!!! (although I'm not a huge fan of steak, especially medium/rare) And the calories.... Shocking!

[quote="pinkowl, post: 27519363"]Thanks! :) That chicken looks so good! Whats in it? Might make something like that tomorrow![/QUOTE]It's literally just honey, lemon juice and coriander (and water) for the marinade/sauce :)

Man of Honour
Yeah...it was a lot of kcal :eek: Very tasty though and I had done enough exercise to earn it. To be honest I had originally planned to do it with chicken breast but I had beef to use up...

I didn't manage to eat the entire steak. The rest of it will be part of my lunch tomorrow I imagine.

Back
Top Bottom