The **Now Eating** Thread

Associate
We used to have amaizing chinese take out really close to us as well as a great fish and chips place with a short drive distance at Christchurch but Southampton is really lacking in take aways. It seems that anything will do here... That chinese place I really miss, it definitely had better than homemade food and it was 2 mins walk from us :(

Man of Honour
I hate it when decent places close down :/

There should totally be an OcUK La Cuisine/food snobs meet sometime (maybe to be fair that should be in the evening, preceded by a visit to McDonalds in the daytime for the riff-raff :p).

Associate
Dont you think it would just be everyone moaning how the food is rubbish and could have made better yourself? :D nah but it would be great, I never get to talk about cooking outside LaCuisine as my partner would happily live like cainer (minus the occasional salad he has) and all my friends dont really do cooking I think they are too young to be excited about slow cookers and bread recipes.

Man of Honour
Yeah. I find it quite worrying that my friends are getting to the age where they actually find my prattling about cooking/kitchen stuff interesting :eek: Surely we're not that old :(

Most of my ex-gfs have been the same as your partner about food. I don't mind too much as I enjoy cooking and getting to choose what food we ate. I might struggle with a proper foodie girlfriend - too many potential conflicts :p

Man of Honour

There should totally be an OcUK La Cuisine/food snobs meet sometime (maybe to be fair that should be in the evening, preceded by a visit to McDonalds in the daytime for the riff-raff :p).

Next year we should do drillstock, meatopia or Upton cheyne chilli festival.

Associate
I find it bit tiring sometimes as hes quite picky as well as quite keen on pizza and frozen stuff and I always have to cook. It would be nice to have someone cook for me for once. He has cooked me 3 times so far in 3 years and with my instructions/help :D it was okay though for someone who never had cooked just wish he would be brave enough to cook more often :D

Soldato
Somebody suggested a 'La Cuisine meet' at the last Christmas GD meet. Think it might have been freefaller. I think it's a good idea! My first cuisine suggestion would be Korean :D

Man of Honour
home made Pizza again, new recipe this time ;)

2v32dsw.jpg

Soldato
Quite interesting veggie meal tonight - if you equate meat consumption with peen size look away now!

Spaghetti squash with faux-pesto (basil, sunflower seeds, olive oil, garlic, lemon, bit of mild cheddar and a tbsp. of miso paste!) with sautéed kale and tofu cubes - worked out pretty great, the former especially so!

[ Nn2CuNol.jpg

Spaghetti squash I still find hard to believe is actually a real thing, it's just plain weird how you can bake it, scrape it and end up with....squashetti? :p

ZcMhxvIl.jpg

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Somebody suggested a 'La Cuisine meet' at the last Christmas GD meet. Think it might have been freefaller. I think it's a good idea! My first cuisine suggestion would be Korean :D

I LOVE Korean food - then again, there's pretty much no food I don't eat :o I love food! :D

Yes definitely, caveat being if it's fast food, or cheap it's not allowed :p

Man of Honour

Yeah. Freefaller is always copying me - being faux-French, joining the forum years before me. Er... Hm.. Not sure where I'm going with this one :)

Korean sounds like a plan. I've not had Korean in months actually. Perhaps I'll pop to the local place at lunch time.

Yes definitely, caveat being if it's fast food, or cheap it's not allowed :p

That's why I suggested the two-stage approach... Seriously agree that meeting up for "Maccy Dees" isn't my idea of a fun time though :p

Quite interesting veggie meal tonight - if you equate meat consumption with peen size look away now!

Spaghetti squash with faux-pesto (basil, sunflower seeds, olive oil, lemon, bit of mild cheddar and a tbsp. of miso paste!) with sautéed kale and tofu cubes - worked out pretty great, the former especially so!

[ Nn2CuNol.jpg

Spaghetti squash I still find hard to believe is actually a real thing, it's just plain weird how you can bake it, scrape it and end up with....squashetti? :p

ZcMhxvIl.jpg

That's pretty awesome though I prefer my kale closer to raw :) The spaghetti squash thing is rather odd. How is the texture/etc?

Soldato
Tastes like mildly nutty/squash flavoured noodles. Texture is a little more bite than pasta but good in its own way. Not something I've bought in a while but we get a box of seasonal fruit and veggies delivered every week so its a bit like Ready Steady Cook some days :p

Best thing is a cupful is 42 calories vs 221 for pasta if you're counting - it works with most pasta dishes, marinara is the usual but thought it might work with pesto (or my pesto analog anyway!) and worked out better than I hoped!

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Tastes like mildly nutty/squash flavoured noodles. Texture is a little more bite than pasta but good in its own way. Not something I've bought in a while but we get a box of seasonal fruit and veggies delivered every week so its a bit like Ready Steady Cook some days :p

Best thing is a cupful is 42 calories vs 221 for pasta if you're counting - it works with most pasta dishes, marinara is the usual but thought it might work with pesto (or my pesto analog anyway!) and worked out better than I hoped!

Sounds interesting. If it's a nice alternative to regular pasta I'll try to get round to trying it though I don't really eat pasta often enough that it doesn't feel like a "treat" meal when I do have it.

If I could be there, I would :p as long as it's decent food haha not cainer making his homemade pizzas!

You have to bring the champagne :p

Back
Top Bottom