The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Ah good :)

10946438_1550871301827062_48983718_n.jpg

My afternoon snack! :D

Man of Honour
:(
Did stir fry veg with basmati rice.
Topped off with crispy fried coconut prawns.

Mouth is still burning, but prawns weren't great. Well prawns were fine. Just the coconut coating was very dry. Next time, think i'll just velvet them.

All those extra calories for something I didn't really enjoy.

Man of Honour
Just stuck some chicken breast in the sous vide - a couple of hours at 58C and it transforms bland and rubbish breast meat into amazing chickeny goodness. Kept the skin aside to be sandwiched between two sheets of tin foil before roasting in the oven for ultra crispiness. Roast potatoes cooked with home made beef dripping and tenderstem broccoli to accompany (I prefer purple broccoli but there was none at the shop sadly). Also serving with a gravy of home made beef stock (from beef ribs).

Should be tasty :)

Soldato
That sounds great, bet that gravy will taste so good! Reminds me, I have about half a dozen pots of various leftover stock/jus and an excess of carrots, celery and onions - I think some kind of soup might be in order - will see what turns up in the box! :p

Re: spaghetti squash - I think it may be more of a seasonal item in the UK, in which case you might have to wait until Autumn to try it, though I suppose you might catch some late crop around now if you're lucky?

Man of Honour
What's with square roasted

And I really want a sous vide :(
And a slicer
And a ice cream maker with built in compressor.
and a bigger kitchen to fit it all.

Man of Honour
I just felt like making square roasted today :)

Agreed about kitchen gadgets though... There is so much I want but cannot fit in the kitchen here.

edit: God damn posting from a phone.

Last edited:
Soldato
One for Frenchtart, although it's discontinued in the UK and found it lurking in my local supermarket, somehow...

750cals, 22p, 145c, 10f

2ujWeSy.png

ViG7Kl0.png

Back
Top Bottom