The **Now Eating** Thread

Associate
Somebody suggested a 'La Cuisine meet' at the last Christmas GD meet. Think it might have been freefaller. I think it's a good idea! My first cuisine suggestion would be Korean :D

I have never tried Korean food. I like Asian food though so as long as its not spicy I would be happy to try out :D

Breakfast today is some oranges and fresh pineapple! Need to eat something healthy as yesterdays pizza made me feel bit ill :o

Soldato
Associate
Not all Korean food is spicy but a hell of a lot of it is...and delicious :)

I did have a feeling it might be quite spicy. Its the only thing I dont eat as I am a little bit allergic I suppose to chilli. I can eat very very mild things but they burn my mouth for hours after so I decide not to if I can :( Like I dont eat any currys ever as even korma is way too spicy for me and makes my mouth burn! (I tried it once and got called whimp for drinking about 2l of water during and after eating it and saying how spicy it was)

Man of Honour
I did have a feeling it might be quite spicy. Its the only thing I dont eat as I am a little bit allergic I suppose to chilli. I can eat very very mild things but they burn my mouth for hours after so I decide not to if I can :( Like I dont eat any currys ever as even korma is way too spicy for me and makes my mouth burn! (I tried it once and got called whimp for drinking about 2l of water during and after eating it and saying how spicy it was)

Milk, cream or cheese (basically anything oily/fatty) will cool your mouth better than water. Just an FYI for next time :)

It's not all spicy so it's not like you couldn't eat any of it.

Now I'm hungry and really fancy Korean food. Japchae, kimchi pancake and dakgangjeong.. Mmmmmmm *DROOOOOL*

Gah..you're not making it any easier for me to resist getting tasty Korean lunch food :p

Man of Honour
Going to make a Pasta tray bake for dinner tonight, going to put in some chicken and smoked bacon, not too much meat though as i want it to to remain a pasta dish, ive got some garlic bread to go with it.
anything else i should chuck in? or serve on the side? i was thinking maybe some sweetcorn :o

6stkys.jpg

Man of Honour
You forgot the important bit FreeFaller, they taste like arse.
And yep so easy.
Fry dome garlic and Panetta or gardens in olive oil.
Cook pasta, mix into bacon.
Mix some eggs and greater parmesan together.
Then while the pasta is still piping hot, mix the egg through it. The pasta will cook the egg.
If you want it slightly more British mix equal amounts egg with cream together before mixing it through.

I've never found it here in the UK before, there must be places that sell it.

It's annoying really want to try it.
I also love gem squash, but never see them anymore either.

Last edited:
Soldato
Going to make a Pasta tray bake for dinner tonight, going to put in some chicken and smoked bacon, not too much meat though as i want it to to remain a pasta dish, ive got some garlic bread to go with it.
anything else i should chuck in? or serve on the side? i was thinking maybe some sweetcorn :o

6stkys.jpg

aside from sauce hate. Bacon. The answer is ALWAYS BACON.

Soldato
Just standard jumbo from any old supermarket.

Do love my spiralizer, very good for packing out spaghetti based dishes with courgette without adding a drastic amount of calories. 500g courgette is around 100 cals and makes a large bowl/good portion.

Cheers man, just checking it wasn't anything special ;) Do you mainly use the oats to up your carbs or?

I have that spiralizer too and use it for exactly that. They're a really good source of bulking for a lot less kcal outlay.
Sweet potatoes spiralled are good done in the oven too :D

Back
Top Bottom