The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
so Vanilla flavored baked beans = FT's worst nightmare? :p

Pizza w/ vanilla flavoured baked beans and pineapple?

Ah, I only ever make them with water. I might change that once I'm bulking though. Extra kcal ftw

I tend to make it with water if I'm out climbing but I'll use milk whenever I'm at home/work.

With ~200ml semi-skimmed it doubles the kcal from ~100 to ~200 but tbh, its worth it just because it makes it more satisfying (also ups the protein slightly). I've started bringing the shaker to work with 1 scoop and drinking it mid-morning or mid-afternoon. I tend to struggle to make it through to lunch or the end of the day without feeling hungry...

Man of Honour
A throw it together spicy turkey mince.

Turkey mince, diced onion, grated carrot. Whole load of spices especially cumin, chilli and paprika, garlic, red kidney beans, can of chopped tomatoes, can of anchovies, mushroom sauce, tons of spinach and a bit of yoghurt stirred through it.

That's pretty much me out of fridge ingredients, no idea what I can make tomorrow. Friday is food shopping day, well delivery day.

Man of Honour
Finishing gym work, turbo trainer session, bottling latest batch of homebrew and then spending an hour or two on bike maintenance tonight so no time to cook. I'll likely end up ordering PapaJohns or the like.

Soldato
10950574_882862811735687_1653053191_n.jpg

Turkey stir fry stuffs

Soldato
Twice-baked potato with tuna, topped with the remaining mozzarella I bought for the pizzas, with peas and sweetcorn.

Didn't expect tuna in a jacket potato to turn out quite so tasty to be honest.

Associate
ordered one 12" pizza to share, one small box of chips to share and one pudding for my partner. They took 1h to deliver and forgot the pudding. Dont think will order from there again :o

Man of Honour
I ended up ordering a curry. It was pretty naff. I really hate when you get dishes from a take away or restaurant and immediately you think "This is a lot worse than if I made it myself".

Ah well. All my tasks for the night are sorted anyhow. Now for an hour of relaxing arguing on the internet before bed :p

Associate
Isnt it always like that with take aways? Well to people like us anyways who like cooking and are good at it and not always for those who never learned how to cook and survive with jars and frozen food.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
You're right. It's usually the same with most places. Sometimes I'm pleasantly surprised though and even when I'm not normally it's not so bad that I feel that I've at least paid a reasonable price for the convenience.

I think I might just be in a bad mood tonight :p

Associate
I always think Ive paid too much with take outs :D pizza being one of those as my homemade pizza is great but then I like to be lazy sometimes and have found a place that does ok chinese most of the time (not every time though) and dominos/papa john is ok too. What I absolutely hate though is having to wait forever. They said they would deliver the missing item and it has been another hour and its not here yet...

Soldato
I prefer to make 'take out' style food myself because a) I know what's in it, b) I get a decent sized portion and c) value for money.

That said the whole idea of take out is convenience for which you pay a premium... I just prefer to be well enough prepared not to be in that scenario :p

Man of Honour
Patience isn't a strong point of mine either :)

Chinese and Thai are both sadly lacking around here. It's annoying as I love both forms of food but there's no point ever trying to get it delivered. I don't really rate any of the local pizza places either but places like PJs and Dominos fill a 'lard' void now and again :p It's nothing like good home made pizza but it's weirdly satisfying.

edit: BennyC, I generally agree. Sometimes I'm very lazy though..and other times, like tonight, I wasn't done with my various chores until 21:30 - and that was earlier than I expected to finish :/

Back
Top Bottom