The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
JUST FOR YOU CAINER!!!!!!! (Excuse the mustard went a bit mad)

088b5100-87e3-4274-9f95-e683f5fcb30c_zps79963f5f.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
Been doing IF (16/8) for the last two weeks so just had my first meal, went for some oats inspired by BennyC. Just missing some zero cal syrup, ordered some off the next this morning as the shops didn't have any:

b5Mr3Epl.png.jpg

75g oats,
Scoop toffee flavour impact whey,
High pro chocolate orange protein bar chopped up.

615cals 66c/57p/15f

Associate
Never thought of that tbh! Have you made your own? They were on offer so I stocked up and found a 15% discount code knocking about on the net so made a bit of a batch order, wasn't too bad. :D

Man of Honour
Couldn't really be bothered trying to think of anything decent to eat and wanted to avoid the temptation of take away so I just had a nice big 300g bit of flank steak with an entire pack of purple sprouting broccoli. The plate looked rather Paleo :p

Associate
Never thought of that tbh! Have you made your own? They were on offer so I stocked up and found a 15% discount code knocking about on the net so made a bit of a batch order, wasn't too bad. :D

I haven't! but I've been tempted for a while, just kinda read through a few threads on bodybuilding.com to see what other people are doing.

Man of Honour
Couldn't really be bothered trying to think of anything decent to eat and wanted to avoid the temptation of take away so I just had a nice big 300g bit of flank steak with an entire pack of purple sprouting broccoli. The plate looked rather Paleo :p

Pfft 600g of pork in a BBQ sauce.

BBQ pork, baked sweet potato and kale with a bit of mustard and sour cream.

Feeling suitable stuffed.

Man of Honour
Nice :) My steak was 600g but I decided to save half of it to have steak sashimi sandwiches over the weekend. Also, weigh-in tomorrow so I don't want to eat too much.
What is sashimi?
Way and blood pressure on Sunday.
Even with all that still only 2200 calories today and it's Friday, done a fair bit of walking and gym night. So will easily burn double that. Hoping for a good way in on Sunday, first day I've actually felt smaller.

Man of Honour
What is sashimi?
Way and blood pressure on Sunday.
Even with all that still only 2200 calories today and it's Friday, done a fair bit of walking and gym night. So will easily burn double that. Hoping for a good way in on Sunday, first day I've actually felt smaller.

Essentially raw meat. Most commonly it's fish - salmon, tuna, etc in sushi restaurants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sashimi

A place local to me serves beef sashimi along with a wasabi mayonnaise dip which is amazing. I'm planning to copy that but using a more flavoursome cut of beef (flank is amazing, and cheap).

Good work on the diet/exercise. It's nice when you feel that it's making a difference :) Burning 2000 kcal in a day is pretty hardcore though. I don't mean to sound like I'm being rude or anything but how much walking and gym have you done to have burned that much?

Man of Honour
Have a reasonably high rmr.
Then 8miles. Then gym will be 20mins in bike at a hard level, then 30-40mins weight lifting.

Do you put the dipping sauce in the sandwich?

Man of Honour
Have a reasonably high rmr.
Then 8miles. Then gym will be 20mins in bike at a hard level, then 30-40mins weight lifting.

Do you put the dipping sauce in the sandwich?

I'd probably guess that was 1200-1500 kcal so not too far off I guess.

I hadn't really thought about the sauce with regards to a sandwich. At the local sushi place it's just lots of slices of raw meat (seared around the very edges) and a dip. I guess I'd have to adapt it a little for a sandwich.

Soldato
A place local to me serves beef sashimi along with a wasabi mayonnaise dip which is amazing. I'm planning to copy that but using a more flavoursome cut of beef (flank is amazing, and cheap).
I did that in the New Year with some grilled rare tri-tip and a bit of left over horseradish cream sauce from our Christmas prime rib dinner - was so good!

Am a big fan of the steak dinner as a 'quick and easy' meal too, I tend to stick the skillet in the oven at max temp before I go out shopping so when I get home I can get going right away :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I probably should have done that actually. Though in my current house I'm limited to a really poor electric hob so all my steak is kind of limited by that. I keep meaning to look into alternatives.

Back
Top Bottom