The **Now Eating** Thread

Associate
That's pretty ridiculous :eek:

I quite enjoyed my 50% chuck 50% brisket mince I got from Littlewoods in Heaton Chapel. I used Aldi brioche buns (also due to laziness) and made a few variations. The only reason I don't do it more often is I hate how much I and the kitchen stink when I fry off the burgers.

Oh, Aldi do brioche buns? Didn't know, I'll have to try them.

But yea, kitchen stench is a major problem. Worst for me is deep frying food, especially chips. I really hate that fryer smell that lingers for days afterwards. Also smoked bacon/fish.

Man of Honour
Feeling satisfied.

More coleslaw, this time hoisin and a touch of soured cream.
6 pork steaks in franks hot sauce, hoisin and corn flour
2 mini corn on the cob.

Its a good think I only have one other small meal in the day.

As to burger debate, if you can be bothered, get some beef rib minced in there 25% is good.

Suspended
Been fancying a burger, so grabbed the new grand with an apple pie and milkshake.

This is by far one of the best burgers I've had from Maccie D's. Really tasty and filling.

0f5ae5b03765263dec20e6dc26c91f47_zps1fa27222.jpg

Associate
I cooked my lovley Veg Chilli which i posted in the other topic and did home made potatoe wedges and a home made guacamole dip with it. All to myself!

Got some chilli left for a monster baguette tomorow! Not normal but tasty!

Soldato
Slightly well fired lasagna (could have done with a little more sauce on top). Still tasted good though. A good six portions, so one eaten and the others put into containers for freezing.
IMG_20150210_184451_zpsuzgpwq2c.jpg

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Fish and veg.

Hl5wOzvl.jpg

A very neat looking plate of food. I would prefer a bit more colour on the fish but looks nice :)

Dinner tonight was mushroom risotto (Porcini and regular button mushrooms) with fried chicken livers. The garnish is dehydrated leeks.

S3wPH5h.jpg

Was delicious. I wish I'd stuck with my original idea of deep frying the leeks though, the dehydrated ones didn't add much to the dish. Overall I'm very pleased though.

Associate
After a bit of a painfully cold and hilly ride we had lunch at Solita in East Didsbury. I ordered the "Big Manc". I'm not sure what I was expecting exactly but the thing was *huge*. I don't normally eat Big Macs and the like but this was really damn tasty.

(Big Manc on the left. I presume a regular Big Mac on the right).

Love Solita. Hear they're opening a pizza place in Prestwich soon too!

Not been able to show my face in the Manchester one since I went with the missus and ended up getting drunk on the deceptively strong 12 dollar shakes. Ordered the naga wings, proudly finished the plate to the amazement of the next table. Went for a victory pee and realised I hadn't washed my hands before handling my tackle and came back to my table limping and in pain. Managed about three bites of my widowmaker before having to tap out and ask for a doggy box. Then on the walk to the taxi the bottom of the box fell out from the sheer weight of the contents and I lost all my delicious food over the pavement. Bad times.

Soldato
Pre-breakfast banananananana.

Just got an email from papa johns to say my points are due to expire in a week. I have 16 points - what a waste because no way am I gonna spend enough to earn 9 points AND have a free pizza by myself in just one week :o

Man of Honour
Just got an email from papa johns to say my points are due to expire in a week. I have 16 points - what a waste because no way am I gonna spend enough to earn 9 points AND have a free pizza by myself in just one week :o

well thats a very poor attitude to have,
come on Tina... YOU CAN DO IT!!! ;)

Back
Top Bottom