The **Now Eating** Thread

Soldato
Had a load of romaine lettuce in the fridge so started making a vegan caesar salad to try out a recipe I found for the dressing (cashew nuts, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, lemon juice, garlic, miso paste, dill and a dab of maple syrup - blitzed in a blender until creamy and add water for consistency) but ended up way too hungry so ended up adding a grilled chicken breast - not quite so vegan in the end but will definitely make the dressing again, v tasty :)

Pretty dull pic it has to be said :p

mwgXlPBl.jpg

Also, anyone who hasn't had an affogato, needs to have an affogato. Scoop of coffee ice cream, scoop of chocolate ice cream then pour an espresso shot over the top. Pretty much the only way we eat icecream now :p

Last edited:
Man of Honour
^^ i considered having a Burgerking today as i have some bogof vouchers, but its on the high street in town and i cba to pay to park and deal with loads of shoppers getting in my way

Man of Honour
Love Solita. Hear they're opening a pizza place in Prestwich soon too!

Not been able to show my face in the Manchester one since I went with the missus and ended up getting drunk on the deceptively strong 12 dollar shakes. Ordered the naga wings, proudly finished the plate to the amazement of the next table. Went for a victory pee and realised I hadn't washed my hands before handling my tackle and came back to my table limping and in pain. Managed about three bites of my widowmaker before having to tap out and ask for a doggy box. Then on the walk to the taxi the bottom of the box fell out from the sheer weight of the contents and I lost all my delicious food over the pavement. Bad times.

Sorry. I meant to reply to this a while back but I've been away for a few days and lost track.

I quite like the naga wings though mistakenly tried the A.N.A.L burger believing that it wouldn't be much hotter. The name is appropriate, though the after apocalypse was far worse than the before. Also bad times :(

I think the East Didsbury branch has improved a lot since opening. The last burger I had there seemed to be cooked to a much better standard than the ones I had a while back.

Man of Honour

1zvy80h.jpg

Tinypic hasnt let me upload pics for a few days now, not sure what their problem is :/
EDIT: turns out its ad-block related, but they have far too many ads, so il find another host for future use

Last edited:
Man of Honour
They look tasty.

95calorie protein shake :(
God I can't wait till the 21st 7 course taster menu. Until then trying to be really strict.
At least I've found a protein shake I quite like now.
Egg white powder tasted disgusting and a lot of others are chalky ISO: pro97 is pretty tasty and a shorter ingredient list than most. Still has sweetener and flavourings in, but at least it's edible.

Dieting sucks, it's like 2 out of my 4 hobbies off the cards for 6 out of 7 days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom