The **Now Eating** Thread

How are you going to manage to eat enough kcal when you start doing regular 1 hour threshold turb sessions? :p

Ha! I will never ever struggle to get calories in :p

That was 890 calores 7g fat/ 198g carbs / 28g protein and was eaten after a huge bowl of chilli & vegetables and then followed by 100g of Lindt Extra Creamy so don't think I'll struggle ;)

2paWmmL.png Ah8ulWS.png

Nice :)

That's a pretty impressive amount of carbs. I think I need to start making some more carb-heavy stuff for myself to be honest. I often end up going a bit overboard on protein/fat without meaning to.

Nice :)

That's a pretty impressive amount of carbs. I think I need to start making some more carb-heavy stuff for myself to be honest. I often end up going a bit overboard on protein/fat without meaning to.

Pretty cliche but pasta based dishes are very easy to rack up the carbs with, as are potato based ones, a shepards pie for example, bangers & mash etc. Oats are always a good port of call too.

If need be you can always just drink carbs in liquid form but obviously low satiety there :p

Makes sense. I'm not a huge fan of pasta unless I've made it fresh and traditionally don't eat much in the way of potato. I'm working on that though. I've not got a massive sweet tooth either, aside from the odd craving.

Anyhow, it's all resolvable. I just need to go back to planning my meals more :)

Makes sense. I'm not a huge fan of pasta unless I've made it fresh and traditionally don't eat much in the way of potato. I'm working on that though. I've not got a massive sweet tooth either, aside from the odd craving.

Anyhow, it's all resolvable. I just need to go back to planning my meals more :)

Some other 'processed' suggestions were going to be Harribo/Moaom (easy enough to eat on the bike too). Banana's are another good shout but both these suggestions are sweet and you don't have much in the way of a sweet tooth :p

Flapjacks, if you can find lower fat ones, or make them yourself. You can make them with mashed banana's actually, I've done that before and they're nice and moist.

Soreen load another good shout but quite hard work/stodgy though relatively cheap. A loaf is under £1 and around 800 calories of predominately carbs.

Think you might just need to develop a sweet tooth ;)

They're actually padrón peppers, I managed to get my parents to bring some back from Spain for me. Only had a couple of 'hot' ones so far - I think I'd just rather have chillies :D

Ah yes. I've heard of those but never tried them :) I enjoy chillies a lot too but they sound tasty.

Some other 'processed' suggestions were going to be Harribo/Moaom (easy enough to eat on the bike too). Banana's are another good shout but both these suggestions are sweet and you don't have much in the way of a sweet tooth :p

Flapjacks, if you can find lower fat ones, or make them yourself. You can make them with mashed banana's actually, I've done that before and they're nice and moist.

Soreen load another good shout but quite hard work/stodgy though relatively cheap. A loaf is under £1 and around 800 calories of predominately carbs.

I eat tons of oats and flapjacks/granola on my long distance rides and I do enjoy them...for a time. Normally by the 7th or 8th one that day I'm a bit bored and then I just want savoury food for ages after. I'm a huge fan of pizza and the macros for my home made one aren't too bad....if you like lots of protein and fat :p

Benny, I know you work out at the gym but with your intake, I presume there is a lot more you also do, bikes I am presuming?

Other half is out again, so fish it is!

eVmcCLwC_vBwkndzjCCNa6CwWo8bBgoScEQO9aCXKdI=w1024-h576-no

Benny, I know you work out at the gym but with your intake, I presume there is a lot more you also do, bikes I am presuming?

There is not that much more in fairness. I train M/W/F in the gym for 45-60 minutes, relatively low volume at the moment, get a couple of hours cycling in on a Sunday and a quick spin on a Tuesday evening on the turbo trainer.

I'd say it'd be difficult to guage my intake based on what I post here.

Last edited:
There is not that much more in fairness. I train M/W/F in the gym, get a couple of hours cycling in on a Sunday and a quick spin on a Tuesday evening on the turbo trainer.

I'd say it'd be difficult to guage my intake based on what I post here.

I'm assuming it's exactly what you post for every meal, three times per day, right? :p

Dammit!! One of my Kellogg's spoon code is invalid because I didn't realise I picked up a home growing kit pack instead of a spoon pack. Anyone else here who buys Kellogg's cereals and have a spare spoon code please? :(

I never said that you should have only 77g of protein per day. I said that was nearly your entire protein requirement for a day - so unless you're eating bugger all the rest of the day, what I said was true.

170g of protein per day is somewhat high unless you've got more LBM than Freefaller or enjoy juice.

Ha! I only eat around 150g at the moment. It's more than enough for me.

I'm on a calorie deficit at the moment though as I'm not training as hard - it's quite tough only eating 2.5-2.7k cals :(

I'm completely the opposite to Benny though, I cannot stand sweet stuff (literally unpleasant). I find fruits just about my tolerance to sweet! Hence why I couldn't follow his diet protocol, his regular foods, fine, his treats - no thanks Jeff! :p

Back
Top Bottom